Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I took my daughter, nieces, and nephew out to play at the play ground behind my apartment about 6p I was focused on my 1 year old niece and my daughter was sitting on the little hill behind me and some kid just hit her in the mouth she was screaming and holding her mouth(luckily there was no blood). I grabbed my daughter by the hand and we walked up the hill(i handed my 1 year old niece to her 10 year old sister) to a group of boys who were standing there between 10 and 6 in age.

They imediately started going I didn't do it that was him, and they began pointing fingers at eachother.

She said along with my nephew it was a little boy and a little girl, I made her point the kids out and I told them all "I don't hit and put my hands on you all, but if I see it happen again i'm filing a police report and if the police don't do anything I will take ya'll home myself and start talking to your moms and if that don't work then i'll handle ya'll by myself now scatter and go get your moms and tell them to come kick me."

Mind you, Iam 4ft 7 1/2 and 26 years old. Well one of the kids went and got their mama she got in my face and I told her " ur kid hit my daughter in the mouth, she says "no my kids were with me blah blah blah," I looked directly at her having never seen her and said "well all I know is next time it happens i'm calling the police."

She tells the kids "next time she says something to you tell her off." She then takes them all home.

Obviously if one of the little boys went all the way home and got his mom he's guilty of hitting my daughter because the rest of them were just standing around. The little girl took off and I couldn't find her.

These kids need to learn respect for adults. I make it a point to speak in a tone that will scare a child when i'm angry because it lets them know iam serious. I do not put my hands on any child not even my own unless she screws up bad enough.

My question is this would you have done what I did?????

She has been bullied before which is why I keep her inside with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Replies (21-23):
NyiaBaby216
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:14 PM
first off, shes ADORABLE.
2nd i think you over reacted with the kids. i know i wouldnt like some grown ass lady screaming in my kids face. and what if it was an accident? i totally get that youre upset. who wouldnt be?
i just wouldve handled it differently.
glad your DD is ok though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaffedrikke
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Thats sad that kids would behave that way. That little one is a beauty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rylan2009
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I don't blame you! I would be upset too. . .thats why when my son is old enough he is going to self defense classes. He is way small for a 3 year old and has been picked on twice already! Once in a little tube play area where this little boy kept hitting him and the idiot dad was up there with the kid and didn't do anything to the little boy I had to get up there and get my son away from them, after that incident i keep a close eye on my son when he is playing around other kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)