Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ok this might have been done already but I am just now finding out about it. The guy who made that youtube video about the Muslims was wrong. I don't care what people believe in but I don't think it is right to make fun of someones religion and their prophet is just plan wrong. And now that we are protecting this guy's freedom of speech it is putting us at risk. I feel that this would and shold fall under as a hate crime. 

I did not hear the whole story, I did not see the movie but I don't stand behind someone who would speak against any group of people in a negative way. I understand we all have different views on things and not everyone is going to see eye to eye on stuff but come on to do this is unthinkable. I may be the only one to stand alone on this but something needs to be done. I don't condone violence but what can we do?

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Replies (51-55):
isaiahbellamom
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:18 PM
People make fun of Jesus all the time. They use crosses in inappropriate ways. They mock Jesus, however I dislike it I'm offended but you don't see people going crazy and killing. All religions are made fun of and mocked. Is it right of course not but what they are doing violence is a better wrong. How can.they try to get mad at someone mocking their prophet when they are not good stewards of their faith.

Quoting jadsmummy:

Are you allowed yo scream fire in a theater to cause a panic? No. Same thing sadly. Those muslims who are resorting to violence are wrong. However until you understand why and all of the complex issues that go along with it you just won't understand why its the same. The makers of the film though understand why its the same thus why this isn't a case of free speech

Quoting KimmyShaw:

Of course they knew it would upset Muslims, so what.   As if those doing the killing had no other choice, they chose to be offended and react the ay they did. 

Again, I see this movie as an excuse for their actions and I believe it would have happened for another reason.

Quoting jadsmummy:

I am a Muslim. I find the video obscene and offensive. Every human being has the right to freedom of speech however this isn't freedom of speech it's incitement to violence. there is a massive difference. The men who made this film are Egyptian coptic Christians who are extremely racist they knew exactly what they were doing and the reaction it would cause it was their intent.

Quoting KimmyShaw:

They have the free speech to insult anyone they choose. They can make any video they want regardless of the reasons. The muslims are the ones accountable for their actions, they can CHOOSE to be civil, they opted otherwise.

Quoting jadsmummy:

He and his associates have publicly said they made it for the specific purpose of insulting muslims. Therefore it's a clear cut case of incitement not free speech.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadsmummy
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Your totally right they are being horrible muslims that isn't even a point of debate. The issue is that the film maker knew that and what would happen and did it specifically to incite that violence. BOTH have blame.

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

People make fun of Jesus all the time. They use crosses in inappropriate ways. They mock Jesus, however I dislike it I'm offended but you don't see people going crazy and killing. All religions are made fun of and mocked. Is it right of course not but what they are doing violence is a better wrong. How can.they try to get mad at someone mocking their prophet when they are not good stewards of their faith.

Quoting jadsmummy:

Are you allowed yo scream fire in a theater to cause a panic? No. Same thing sadly. Those muslims who are resorting to violence are wrong. However until you understand why and all of the complex issues that go along with it you just won't understand why its the same. The makers of the film though understand why its the same thus why this isn't a case of free speech

Quoting KimmyShaw:

Of course they knew it would upset Muslims, so what.   As if those doing the killing had no other choice, they chose to be offended and react the ay they did. 

Again, I see this movie as an excuse for their actions and I believe it would have happened for another reason.

Quoting jadsmummy:

I am a Muslim. I find the video obscene and offensive. Every human being has the right to freedom of speech however this isn't freedom of speech it's incitement to violence. there is a massive difference. The men who made this film are Egyptian coptic Christians who are extremely racist they knew exactly what they were doing and the reaction it would cause it was their intent.

Quoting KimmyShaw:

They have the free speech to insult anyone they choose. They can make any video they want regardless of the reasons. The muslims are the ones accountable for their actions, they can CHOOSE to be civil, they opted otherwise.

Quoting jadsmummy:

He and his associates have publicly said they made it for the specific purpose of insulting muslims. Therefore it's a clear cut case of incitement not free speech.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:42 AM

criminals do stupid shit every day.  They mock handicapped people, black people, asians, catholics and jewish ... but only the radical muslims think its their right to kill other innocent people over one idiot's doings.

Due9
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Are they allowing the video to be viewed on youtube and other places ? I know that stopped it from being viewed on youtube right after the murders. Will the film-maker make a profit off of it, if it is allowed to be "out"?

StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:54 AM
This is such crap, it's like saying "it's wrong to tell a spoiled child no cause you are just causing violence to happen"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN