Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

should he stay home another day??? sick child question

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

okay last friday my dd who is 3 1/2 got sick and threw up everywhere. no fever. she was fine the next morning. last night both my five year old son and my seven year old son got sick and threw up everywhere. they stayed home. they both said they feel fine except the oldest who has a headache. but he is running a slight fever. 99.9

the rules are fever free for 24 hours without meds. he isnt exactly running a fever but he is on the verge. should i keep him home another day??

(he also has flag football practice but he wont be playing. they will go to the meeting and watch but not particpate)

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM

What time is it where you are? Here it's noon, I don't think I would make any hard decisions at this point about tomorrow.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:03 PM

its eleven here

Quoting christina0607:

What time is it where you are? Here it's noon, I don't think I would make any hard decisions at this point about tomorrow.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM

BUMP!

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:37 PM

BUMP!

christina0607
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Are you really this unsure about what to do with a sick child? If his fever sticks around keep him home. If in the next couple hours it goes away without meds(I assume you are not giving him meds for this) then send him.

you don't need to make this decision at noon the day before.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

obviously i was looking for advice and opinions from other mothers who had been in this predicament before. but obvioulsy i am not allowed to. and yes i am being bitchy because i have have to deal with puking scared children all night and did not sleep well. so please go to another post

Quoting christina0607:

Are you really this unsure about what to do with a sick child? If his fever sticks around keep him home. If in the next couple hours it goes away without meds(I assume you are not giving him meds for this) then send him.

MissMandaz
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Seven year old headache and running fever.. Breakfast. Yinchaio tablet. Tylenol. School bus. Keep phone handy.. That's what I would do..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM

lol. calm down and see how the kid feels.

Quoting silverdawn99:

obviously i was looking for advice and opinions from other mothers who had been in this predicament before. but obvioulsy i am not allowed to. and yes i am being bitchy because i have have to deal with puking scared children all night and did not sleep well. so please go to another post

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

CABZS
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM
As far as I'm concerned fever is fever.

My child would stay home, rest to get better not worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:47 PM

thank you

Quoting MissMandaz:

Seven year old headache and running fever.. Breakfast. Yinchaio tablet. Tylenol. School bus. Keep phone handy.. That's what I would do..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN