Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Omg look what i found on my son!!!! **update**

My son has severe ADHD COMBINED TYPE and ODD. He is currently off his medicines due to problems with the insurance.

He's been suspended twice this month. And sent home early twice.
Yesterday the school called me complaining that he was humming loudly. And they took him to time out. Well brayden freaks out and shuts down when he gets stressed out. I told them this. He is in first grade, they dealt with all this last year.
Well yesterday.he shut.down and wouldn't leave the desk in the office so they asked me to come get him since it was time to loaf the busses. Well today I get a call about 11:30 saying I had to come get him that he was being bad and had slapped his teacher. And that he was being suspended for two additional days.

Well I am home in bed sick with fever so I called my brother to get him. He lives in my neighborhood so he's close. It wasn't 10 minutes and the principal calls me back saying that no one was there yet and brayden was bothering her by rolling around on her floor.

I assured her my brother had been gone several minutes and he should be there very soon. (We live like 10 minutes from the school). Then she said great and hung up.

Well my brother said when he.got there to pick my son up he was laying on the floor but he jumped right up and ran to him.
And the principal pointed at him and said.you get your act together before you come back.

Ok so ...
He laid down and took a nap when he got home. He wakes.up hot and took his shirt off.

That's when I see the hand print on his arm.
I asked him and he said a teacher across the hall did it. He didn't know her name. And my brother said did it happen before or after you hit your teacher? His reply was before.

Uploa

ding pictures now.
Please what do I do?
He's only 6 and I know my husband and I wouldn't do it but I don't know if he really knows
what happened.
I don't want to call the police and make things worse at school for him...

***EDIT***
So I called the principal and talked with her and she put the teacher on the phone. She explained that he wouldn't do his work and put his head in his shirt. So they decided it was time for him to go to the office. He made it halfway to the office walking and then started crying and fell out in the floor so they "restrained" him and drug him to the office.

I told the principal and teacher that.I could understand them needing to restrain him but when he wasn't a danger to anyone else why is it ok to leave marks? I also asked what the principal planned to do about it and she said nothing.
I told her it was unacceptable and she offered to meet with me at 7 am with someone from the district office.

As to the women saying he is a bad kid or problem child. You have no
idea what goes on in his head. You don't have a clue what kind of

struggles he deals with so keep your smart ass high handed comments about my son to yourselves.

***UPDATE***
So went to the school at 7 AM. I was suppose to meet with someone from the district as the principal said.
No one from the district showed up. I was only able to stay 30 minutes but the whole time I was there they told me that they didn't even grab him at his arm pits. They walked him to the office holding his wrists and elbows. Which is a totally different story from what I heard yesterday.
They also told me to do whatever it takes to get him on his.medicine.

I am so frustrated and furious I could just cry for him. I showed them the pictures and they suggested he got the marks else where.

I'm so done with school. I will just be looking into home schooling now.
They pretty much refused to talk about the.marks even though I told them several times that was why I was there.
I'm just done. Done!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
VintageWife
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM

They are on freaking glue. My son has the same diagnosis and I'm telling ya noone better ever touch him at school!

L.sands
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Omg! Go to talk to the principal now.
Keep us posted!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brvdsmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM

like a bruise? take pictures!

Mena929
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Oh FUCK NO. I would be at the school. NOW.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Call the police, NOW. That is NOT okay! Hopefully it won't make things worse. You can't let the teacher's bully him & HURT him because there is something wrong with him (ADHD/ODD) that he CANNOT control. 

Aspiemom0203
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:20 PM
File a police report today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:20 PM
8 moms liked this

SO for the moms calling the police.... If your child was being injured by this child and the teacher in her effort to restrain the boy gave him a bruise would you want the teacher fired?  Can you guarantee you could restrain an out of control child without leaving a bruise?  You dont know what happened.  I wouldnt threaten the teacher, call the police or demand that she was fired until you do.  YOu could ruin someones life when they were doing the right thing. 

Junip1977
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Oh wow!  I would definitely bring it to the attention of someone at the school or call the school board directly.  Your son is 6, he has no one to advocate for him BUT his parents.  There should never be any reason for a teacher to lay a hand on a child, ever!!  Keep us posted!

annas_momma
by 1 Crazy Momma ♥ on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM
My kindergarten teacher grabbed me up by the arm like that one day during nap time, and out of reaction (and pain) I hit her. The teacher had had an issue with me since the first day of school, and literally picked on me. (it was even backed up by other parents that would call my mom and tell her the awful things the teacher was doing to me for no reason at all). Once I got home I told my parents why I hit the teacher, and had brusies to prove it. We were right back up at the school and hell broke loose. It was the end of the school year anyways, so she got suspended the rest of the year and they never allowed her to return.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
got2monsters
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM
That looks like bite marks to me. Any chance it is?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN