Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Remaking older movies to have an all black cast

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM
  • 120 Replies
Im watching TV and just saw a preview for a remake of Steel Magnolias, same exact movie but with an all black cast.

Will you check it out? Have you seen the previews?

Do you believe if a movie with an all black cast was remade to have an all white cast, that this would go over well?

This doesn't bother me, I do find it really odd though and thought I'd bring it here for discussion, so share your thoughts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenny0709
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:46 PM
I find it really odd also. I hate when people just can't leave movies alone. They always remake them and "try" to make them better. Kind of annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlnimo
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I refuse to watch any of these "remakes" due to the fact I like the originals! Footloose, Steel Magnolias, what's next When Harry Met Sally? No, no, no!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KMAsMommy9182
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:47 PM
8 moms liked this

I am tired of remakes in general.  And yes, it would be the end of the world if it was the other way around.

specialwingz
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:53 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't care for "re-makes" either.  I like originals regardless of color.  To re-make a movie just to change the race is like throwing racism in the public's face. I'm sure if someone wanted to take a movie like Roots or The Color Purple and flipped the races around, the black community would shut those down in a heartbeat.

FooLynRoo
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM

hell yea i'd watch it I have not seen the previews.

girliepink
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I won't be watching it. I love the original and don't want to see the black remake. In my opinion they can't make it any better and doing an all black cast isn't gonna do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ang9403
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope refuse to watch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
by Corinne on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Same here.

Quoting Ang9403:

Nope refuse to watch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LexRi0709
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM
2 moms liked this
I love the original. But the new on does have a great cast so if I catch it, I will watch it. I do agree that we have gone to far with the re-makes. Especially doing so and changing the entire race in the movie. I definately believe if it were reversed and a white cast re-making an original all black cast, it would not go over well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I just hate when they remake movies PERIOD! Be original and make up your own shit! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)