Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll!! Is/will your son be circumcised?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Circumcised?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1244

View Results

With so many subjects and strong opions about this, I am curious to know the percent of moms on here who have/have not done this. The reason I ask, is because a friend of mine will be doing the procedure to her son because she says she doesnt want her son to look different from other boys. I told her that more parents now are not doing so and he wont be the ONLY boy who is, um, complete. Im guessing its more 50/50 now? But I honestly have no idea...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Replies (981-990):
AFancyRabbit
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Actually, she just told me that she believes it will help protect her son against the higher rate of STDs found in the African American community. Hate to be a killjoy, but her reasoning sounds legit.

Quoting karla85:

Lol yeah I caught that. That's her taking the easy way out to not present any proof lol.
I'm thinking about posting:
Not circumcising is better for Latinos in general.
An when someone asks me why I'll answer with a:
OMG stop talking about my kids' dick you perv!!!!!!
Lol

Quoting AFancyRabbit:

That's what I was thinking too (and there isn't, at least not according to Google). I called her out on it to see if she could teach me something new and she told me I was a perv :D

Quoting karla85:

Lmao

I doubt there's any real info on that

Quoting AFancyRabbit:

That's what I thought of at first too lol, but then I realized that that didn't make any sense.

Quoting karla85:

Bigger penis? Just taking a crazy guess lol

Quoting AFancyRabbit:

Could you expand on that? How does having an intact foreskin effect African Americans in a more pronounced way?

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

My son is circumcised and all future boys will be. The benefits have PROVEN to outweigh the risks, even MORE being african american. Therefore I support it 100%

Kirstyttc
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I have a girl, but if/when i have a little guy he wont be, i dont think its right to make that decision for my child i think its a choice he should make

embersparkle
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah...so not the same thing no matter how convinced you are. I wasn't speaking to you.

Quoting VanessaCB:

If we were speaking out against female genital mutilation, would you call us extremists? Because it's the same thing. Both are cutting off healthy  parts of a non consenting baby/child's genitals.

Quoting embersparkle:

I completely agree with you. Comparing circ'ing moms to child abusers is crazy. My boys are not abused. Where did all these extremists come from? They all hit this post at once.

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

I have reported this post numerous times. Its ridiculous. Mothers bashing others for their choices. Calling them mutilators, baby haters, etc. Its downright bullying. I dontcare WHAT mothers choose to do...but ppl shouldnt be harrassed for it

Quoting embersparkle:

The admins really need to delete this post.....the cyber bulling going on here is insane. Seriously ladies we are crossing the threshold to scary. If babies are screaming in pain from circumcision the Dr needs to be looked at. I was present for all three of my boys circs ....it was not traumatic...they didn't cry .. nothing. I researched before I chose to circ ...I felt it was best. They had a piece of skin removed...not like I had their testicles cut off. So quit trying to use the excuse that you are protecting babies to belittle and bully mothers. Its ridiculous.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyByrdNest
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Are you sure you weren't speaking to VanessaCB?? Are you positive?? Because if it was said here then it must have been about her. It's always about her dontcha know?? 

Quoting embersparkle:

Yeah...so not the same thing no matter how convinced you are. I wasn't speaking to you.

Quoting VanessaCB:

If we were speaking out against female genital mutilation, would you call us extremists? Because it's the same thing. Both are cutting off healthy  parts of a non consenting baby/child's genitals.

Quoting embersparkle:

I completely agree with you. Comparing circ'ing moms to child abusers is crazy. My boys are not abused. Where did all these extremists come from? They all hit this post at once.

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

I have reported this post numerous times. Its ridiculous. Mothers bashing others for their choices. Calling them mutilators, baby haters, etc. Its downright bullying. I dontcare WHAT mothers choose to do...but ppl shouldnt be harrassed for it

Quoting embersparkle:

The admins really need to delete this post.....the cyber bulling going on here is insane. Seriously ladies we are crossing the threshold to scary. If babies are screaming in pain from circumcision the Dr needs to be looked at. I was present for all three of my boys circs ....it was not traumatic...they didn't cry .. nothing. I researched before I chose to circ ...I felt it was best. They had a piece of skin removed...not like I had their testicles cut off. So quit trying to use the excuse that you are protecting babies to belittle and bully mothers. Its ridiculous.

LadyByrdNest
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Do you feel the same about immunizations, dental work, school? 

I mean his life right? 

Why is it that you should know what's best for him? Let him decide everything.

Quoting Kirstyttc:

I have a girl, but if/when i have a little guy he wont be, i dont think its right to make that decision for my child i think its a choice he should make

embersparkle
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Yes....I'm positive...stop interrogating me....*crouches in corner*.....I'm innocent....I swear ....

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Are you sure you weren't speaking to VanessaCB?? Are you positive?? Because if it was said here then it must have been about her. It's always about her dontcha know?? 

Quoting embersparkle:

Quoting VanessaCB:

Quoting embersparkle:

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

Quoting embersparkle:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VanessaCB
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Keep dreaming lady. Circumcision rates are dropping. Intact boys will be if not the majority , close to it. Boys will be proud to have their whole penises. It's the cut boys who will be come home crying asking their parents "why did you cut off my foreskin"?

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Bashed by propaganda lol!!!.

It's actually fun listening to all of the young, inexperienced mothers. Most of them are going to wish they had their son's circumcised, when they are teens and come home upset because everyone including the girls are calling them Turtle dicks!

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

I agree. However prepare to get bashed. Lol

Quoting HuggaBug1991:

I chose to have my boy circumcised.....if you don't like it then don't do it to your boys. It is what I believe the Lord said to circumcise your sons....... newborns do not remember getting circumcised, they do not remember the pain....... do you remember being born, or getting your first vaccines? Don't make this into another bullying shibang......I have a right and so do you......

LadyByrdNest
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Uh-huh...I've got my eye on you missy!

Quoting embersparkle:

Yes....I'm positive...stop interrogating me....*crouches in corner*.....I'm innocent....I swear ....

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Quoting embersparkle:

Quoting VanessaCB:

Quoting embersparkle:

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

Quoting embersparkle:

AdellesMom
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL!

I'm not surprised.

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

What happened was an inactivist here on CM saw the poll, she got butt-hurt, so she did the Tarzan yell and summoned all the other inactivist from FB flew over and made accounts just so they could vote and skew the poll...nice huh? Such fairness. But really what do you expect from extremist groups?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Because it's CM! I've been a member here for almost a year. People that have been members here for longer periods of time will understand where I'm coming from.

People troll. They create extra accounts just to vote in a poll. So, the results are skewed and inconclusive.

Quoting AFancyRabbit:

I am actually just going to restate my question. I know that polls are not considered a good way to gather hard data and are just used to get general ideas about a thing and I feel like a poll of CM users should work out just fine. Why do you think it wouldn't?

Quoting AdellesMom:

No, CM is not a good place to get conclusive data.

You must be new...
Quoting AFancyRabbit:

Why can't you? It is just a poll and should give a general idea of the trends in circing vs not circing. There are a lot of moms on here and they are not all located in the same place. This poll should do what the OP intended it to do.

Quoting rowansmum:

You can't really get a good statistic off of cm.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
You're sick.

Quoting VanessaCB:

Keep dreaming lady. Circumcision rates are dropping. Intact boys will be if not the majority , close to it. Boys will be proud to have their whole penises. It's the cut boys who will be come home crying asking their parents "why did you cut off my foreskin"?

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Bashed by propaganda lol!!!.

It's actually fun listening to all of the young, inexperienced mothers. Most of them are going to wish they had their son's circumcised, when they are teens and come home upset because everyone including the girls are calling them Turtle dicks!

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

I agree. However prepare to get bashed. Lol

Quoting HuggaBug1991:

I chose to have my boy circumcised.....if you don't like it then don't do it to your boys. It is what I believe the Lord said to circumcise your sons....... newborns do not remember getting circumcised, they do not remember the pain....... do you remember being born, or getting your first vaccines? Don't make this into another bullying shibang......I have a right and so do you......

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN