Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Replies (51-59):
Vampyrechic
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Gotta love those type of parents...

LuvMyBrennaBean
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Not to mention, said prescription anti-depressants and anxiety meds are FAR worse and so much more addictive than marijuana. I guess they are ok just because they are legal!

Quoting justhavingfun.:

Party? Haha. Far from it. You know how people go get prescriptions for all kinds of drugs to help with anxiety and depression? That's pretty much what I'm doing. Self-medication is never really the first choice but it is the only thing that helps me relax at night. It's not illegal where I live and its not like I go to a street dealer, kids in tote; to get pot. It's everywhere, sweetheart - from business professionals to doctors and lawyers. Not EVERYONE who smokes pot parties, is negligent, or has this wild crazy hippy habit. It's like drinking a glass of good wine. It's not hurting ANY ONE.

How am I NOT putting my kids first? I'm still failing to see what is SO very wrong with what I'm doing.

Quoting momaof8:

You may think the laws should not be in place, but the fact is they are and as long as they are moms are risking their lives buying illegal drugs never knowing how that weed could be tainted. Not to mention the quality people who become your neighborhood dealers always great influences around your kids. Then there is the chance you will get caught all of this risk for what to party? Way to put your kids first.

Quoting justhavingfun.:

I'm assuming, momaof8, that you are just not able to reason and want you keep your uneducated opinion. Check into your state laws, do some research, and maybe smoke a little weed.

The laws against marijuana in the majority of the country are ludicrous and should not be in place.

Drugs aside, the mother in the article is like any other parent who would live in an area surrounded by WATER. She should have never taken her eyes off that poor baby. It's neglect, not the use of marijuana to blame.

Quoting justhavingfun.:

Okay. There are parents who smoke in cars with kids, BEAT their kids, rape children, etc.... That's who the police are after. Not a 20-something smoking pot, minding her own business, on her porch.

People get in trouble when they do something wrong and it gets blamed on drugs. No, its the stupidity of the person. I don't do anything illegal other than smoke pot and what I do is not really THAT illegal. In my state, Ohio, having 100 grams of marijuana carries no jail time and a fine UP TO $100. A quarter of pot = 7 grams. I could have 14x's that and face no greater consequence than a person going 10 miles over the limit. My children will not get taken away. Marijuana use needs to be decriminalized in ALL states.

I feel quite confident in my decision to smoke pot. If I'm not harming anyone, why does it bother you?

Quoting momaof8:

and yet you are willing to lose all of that including your childrens well being if the public found out. Thats putting your kids first way to go awesome parenting!  It is a shame you cannot see the risk is not worth it not if you truely care about being the good parent you think you are.

Quoting justhavingfun.:

It's the parents, not the pot.

I'm a very active mother. I am a very respected member of this community's PTA, I volunteer in schools, I'm an executive at a corporate company. My boys are very well behaved and good kids. I could really brag myself up some more but 'walking around in a stoupor' is something I have never done.

If a mom is a POS, that's on her. You'd be surprised at the amount of people you could have never guessed would smoke pot. Maybe this town is crooked but even local law KNOW about the decent marijuana smokers in this town and they leave us alone and get the trash.

Quoting momaof8:

Its usually not how the druggies imagine it is either.  I have seen plenty of articles about crummy pot moms never have I read one saying it enhances your parenting ability. I have seen first hand the damage illegal drug use does to families it is never as harmless as you think. To start with if you are willing to sacrifice your kids well being to break the law for drugs you are already putting your kids below your own need to party. Unless as I said you are under a doctors care.
I am sure the mom in the article would have written the same pot supportive posts before she lost her child in a stupor.

Quoting justhavingfun.:

I used to feel the same way until I started smoking, the marijuana community isn't all people think it is.

Quoting momaof8:

If you are under a doctors care you are probably a great mom but people who do illegal drugs never prize winning moms.

Quoting justhavingfun.:

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1166873

Here's another link.

They were bad parents. It wasn't the marijuana. I smoke pot every single day and happen to be the best mother I know. True story.

ShanesMommy2012
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:20 AM
This.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

I don't blame marijuana, I blame irresponsibility.

I know plenty of parents (mine and my grandparents included) who smoke marijuana and would never have allowed something like that to happen.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justhavingfun.
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM
The biggest issue I have is I'm doing nothing more (in comparison) than driving 10 miles over the speed limit. The fine for marijuana (in my state, if they even cared to investigate boring old me) is (a) less likely than a speeding ticking (b) would be less of a fine than a ticket! There are WAY more risks that parents take than smoking a little dope.

Quoting LuvMyBrennaBean:

Not to mention, said prescription anti-depressants and anxiety meds are FAR worse and so much more addictive than marijuana. I guess they are ok just because they are legal!

Quoting justhavingfun.:

Party? Haha. Far from it. You know how people go get prescriptions for all kinds of drugs to help with anxiety and depression? That's pretty much what I'm doing. Self-medication is never really the first choice but it is the only thing that helps me relax at night. It's not illegal where I live and its not like I go to a street dealer, kids in tote; to get pot. It's everywhere, sweetheart - from business professionals to doctors and lawyers. Not EVERYONE who smokes pot parties, is negligent, or has this wild crazy hippy habit. It's like drinking a glass of good wine. It's not hurting ANY ONE.

How am I NOT putting my kids first? I'm still failing to see what is SO very wrong with what I'm doing.

Quoting momaof8:

You may think the laws should not be in place, but the fact is they are and as long as they are moms are risking their lives buying illegal drugs never knowing how that weed could be tainted. Not to mention the quality people who become your neighborhood dealers always great influences around your kids. Then there is the chance you will get caught all of this risk for what to party? Way to put your kids first.

Quoting justhavingfun.:

I'm assuming, momaof8, that you are just not able to reason and want you keep your uneducated opinion. Check into your state laws, do some research, and maybe smoke a little weed.

The laws against marijuana in the majority of the country are ludicrous and should not be in place.

Drugs aside, the mother in the article is like any other parent who would live in an area surrounded by WATER. She should have never taken her eyes off that poor baby. It's neglect, not the use of marijuana to blame.

Quoting justhavingfun.:

Okay. There are parents who smoke in cars with kids, BEAT their kids, rape children, etc.... That's who the police are after. Not a 20-something smoking pot, minding her own business, on her porch.

People get in trouble when they do something wrong and it gets blamed on drugs. No, its the stupidity of the person. I don't do anything illegal other than smoke pot and what I do is not really THAT illegal. In my state, Ohio, having 100 grams of marijuana carries no jail time and a fine UP TO $100. A quarter of pot = 7 grams. I could have 14x's that and face no greater consequence than a person going 10 miles over the limit. My children will not get taken away. Marijuana use needs to be decriminalized in ALL states.

I feel quite confident in my decision to smoke pot. If I'm not harming anyone, why does it bother you?

Quoting momaof8:

and yet you are willing to lose all of that including your childrens well being if the public found out. Thats putting your kids first way to go awesome parenting!  It is a shame you cannot see the risk is not worth it not if you truely care about being the good parent you think you are.

Quoting justhavingfun.:

It's the parents, not the pot.

I'm a very active mother. I am a very respected member of this community's PTA, I volunteer in schools, I'm an executive at a corporate company. My boys are very well behaved and good kids. I could really brag myself up some more but 'walking around in a stoupor' is something I have never done.

If a mom is a POS, that's on her. You'd be surprised at the amount of people you could have never guessed would smoke pot. Maybe this town is crooked but even local law KNOW about the decent marijuana smokers in this town and they leave us alone and get the trash.

Quoting momaof8:

Its usually not how the druggies imagine it is either.  I have seen plenty of articles about crummy pot moms never have I read one saying it enhances your parenting ability. I have seen first hand the damage illegal drug use does to families it is never as harmless as you think. To start with if you are willing to sacrifice your kids well being to break the law for drugs you are already putting your kids below your own need to party. Unless as I said you are under a doctors care.
I am sure the mom in the article would have written the same pot supportive posts before she lost her child in a stupor.

Quoting justhavingfun.:

I used to feel the same way until I started smoking, the marijuana community isn't all people think it is.

Quoting momaof8:

If you are under a doctors care you are probably a great mom but people who do illegal drugs never prize winning moms.

Quoting justhavingfun.:

Here's another link.

They were bad parents. It wasn't the marijuana. I smoke pot every single day and happen to be the best mother I know. True story.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amiehart62
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM
I'm not a fan of pot or any drug for that matter. On a very rare occasion I'll have a cocktail and only when I don't have to care for my kids. I'm with you, smoking pot is dumb and parents shouldn't do it of they're having to take care of their kids.

Quoting momaof8:

Oh no not in these awesome pot mom's cases they trust their drug dealers implicitly.  Just the idea of having to buy the stuff  from a street  dealer  who may or may not get busted durring their transaction shows their neglegence as a parent.

Quoting Amiehart62:

They lace weed with other drugs now...it's not "just" weed in a lot of cases. Just saying.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

If you choose to be inebriated in any way while in charge of minor children you're being selfish!

alreadydidthis
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM
😜😜😜

Quoting justhavingfun.:

Here's another link.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justhavingfun.
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I can't see the picture. :p

Quoting alreadydidthis:

😜😜😜

Quoting justhavingfun.:

Here's another link.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alreadydidthis
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Ooh it was a smiley face with the tounge sticking out lol

Quoting justhavingfun.:

I can't see the picture. :p

Quoting alreadydidthis:

😜😜😜

Quoting justhavingfun.:

Here's another link.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)