Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For the Guardian Followers- Update

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM
  • 17 Replies

okay.

i got isaiah back aug 15th. since then, my main focus has been on rebuilding that relationship with him since i have the chance now. he had not seen anyone from his paternal family in a little over a month, because i wasn't comfortable with all that they had done (exmil had guardianship, called CPS on me, jeopardizing everything). 

before exmil had guardianship, my father's parents had him for 9 months. during that time, it wasn't going the way it should have, and i fought to get him taken away from them.

since then, my grandmother had died (one of the first guardians). my grandfather has changed and has been seeing isaiah supervised by me for a few weeks now. it took me two years to be comfortable with that again.

so, after many conversations with exmil about knowing her role as grandmother and not stepping on toes now that she isn't the guardian and i have my rights, i decided it would be okay to meet up with her and take isaiah to see her for a bit at the local mall.

everything went well until isaiah mentioned seeing "grandpa w". she looked at me and even though i don't need an explaination for myself, i gave one, gladly, because i'm the mom here- not her. i have nothing to hide.

so, she decided she is "concerned" for isaiah's well-being because of him seeing my grandfather and decided to EMAIL MY MOTHER. no- she didn't call me and talk about it to me- she EMAILED MY MOTHER. like i'm a child.

i'm at the point where i've given this woman chance after chance to just step back but still be a good grandparent to isaiah- like my grandfather is. she just blew it, IMO.

no more visits. no more phone calls. cut ties completely again and just move on. we're moving soon, and our number will change, so i'm done.

thoughts?

Update:

I called exmil on her lunch break at work (12) and left her a message. I basically word-for-word said:

As nicely as I can say this, "S", I have tried to extend the olive branch of peace and not stand in the way of your family and my son's relationship, but you have relentlessly caused problems for two years now, and the only difference is now, I don't have to deal with it. The only rights you have are the rights I give you, and you abused those rights by trying to cause issues in my family that I've worked so hard for THREE years to put back together. We're going to just have to go our separate directions for now, and I'll be speaking with you further along down the road. You allowed your exhusband who has no biological relationship to anyone to take my son 4 hours up north for nights on end and get drunk without you there, and I was not allowed to say anything about it. What makes you think you can complain about my family? I'd prefer if I didn't hear back from you. Have a nice day.

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hp2011
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:48 AM

bump

hp2011

bump

hp2011

bump

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:52 AM

is there a pressing reason that you should not be visiting grandpa? I have been following your story and I would not blame you at ALL for cutting ties.

hp2011
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Quoting SuperPickle:

is there a pressing reason that you should not be visiting grandpa? I have been following your story and I would not blame you at ALL for cutting ties.

the only reason being when i was little, my father was accused of molesting me by my mother during a custody battle. my grandfather was investigated also along with all of my male relatives.

i was never molested. my mother all but admitted it was just so she got custody of me when i was 1.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Ahh....If you are comfortable with him it is no concern of theirs then.  I would probably be cutting ties. 

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting SuperPickle:

the only reason being when i was little, my father was accused of molesting me by my mother during a custody battle. my grandfather was investigated also along with all of my male relatives.

i was never molested. my mother all but admitted it was just so she got custody of me when i was 1.

hp2011
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM

i think i will, too. the way she treated me during the guardianship was hell, but being the truly compassionate person i am, i gave her an opportunity to be a grandma. guess she will always want to be more. 

it's my turn, and my turn lasts forever, so be nice, or get off of the ship- it's up to you.

Quoting SuperPickle:

Ahh....If you are comfortable with him it is no concern of theirs then.  I would probably be cutting ties. 

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting SuperPickle:

StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to think of your of your son first and cut ties with anyone that could damage the relationship once again with your son.

The woman sounds containing and toxic. And you need to cut those people away, far away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

well it is what it is and if you need to do that so be it,I wish you and your son the best !

hp2011
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM

i tried putting isaiah's needs first and considering that he needs a relationship with his paternal family even though his dad has zero interest in his life, but right now what's more important is that no one tries to take him away again because he truly is better off with me.

the judge obviously thought so, too.

Quoting StoneColdKiller:

You need to think of your of your son first and cut ties with anyone that could damage the relationship once again with your son.

The woman sounds containing and toxic. And you need to cut those people away, far away

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN