Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How working from home benefit you as a mother??

Posted by   + Show Post

I know how hard it is to have a 9-5 job, and as a mother I know how much I use to count down the hours to get home and see my princess and spend time with my hubby. Would you ladies agree, do you think life would be easier if you worked from home? And if given the chance would you take it? 

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
wiener
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Same here been working from home for over 6 years, having kids at home not easy at all, hence daycare for my 2 year old 2 days a week, work early am before kids get up, I split my shifts on days my son don't go to daycare so I can give him some attention, go back to work when he naps, get off around 4, then time to clea the mess from the day, cook, shop, run to the boys activitys, then while your working you have nieghbors coming over cause they think since you work from home you have all this free time to chat, people calling you at all hours, your spouse bugging you for a BJ or a quikey when their home and your working, then you have to try and work while their is a plie of dishes and laundry, ignoring it is not easy trust me, plus it can get borning and instead of working you sit on cafemom or facebook, or you snack all day long and gain wait.. lol

Quoting I.heart.my.kids:

I have worked from home (customer service/ date entry) for the better part of 5 years and it's not as easy as it sounds. You don't get to spend as much time as you think you would if your children are home with you. If they are in school a fullday it may be easier and less stressful

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justhavingfun.
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:02 AM
I don't think it would benefit our family. It would be nice to stay home all day but I like going to work. It gets me out with people and I don't feel like I never socialize or have my OWN life. Those things are very important to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoy08
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I've been with Scentsy going on 4 years and I love it. If you put effort into it you can make a lot of money.

Quoting PensFan99:

I have been looking into scentsy. Wondering if it is a good option to make money since i love candles

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

I have a couple home businesses. One with Scentsy and the other with DoTerra essential oils. I love it personally, it gives me the freedom to work as much as I want and earn as much as I want

Quoting TinDoll:

What do you do to work from home? Any special skills required? Is it restricted to a certain demographic? LOL

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

I work from home right now and can't imagine myself going back to a 8-5 job

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twisted_charlie
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I work from home and I am happy with it most of the time. There are days that I hate it, but then I realize how fortunate I am that I don't have to work set hours. I have worked outside the home and really prefer working from home.

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Yes I would work from home. Then I would feel like I am helping out my family more.
aimesnyc
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I would love to, but I know for a fact that I am not disciplined enough to do it successfully. 

Mustlovelife
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I work from home and make a great income, to be honest no its not easy but if anything was easy in life then we wopuld all always be super happy and that just wouldnt be normal lol. But i love being able to be home with my daughter and make sure she is eatting the proper foods and on a balanced diet and also I know that she is being taking care of the right way. I love my job and the simple fact that i get to always be with my husband and daughter. This is so important to me I wouldnt trade it for the world and I love what I do and I love the fact that my daughter is always there to make me laugh. She is my little assistant :) lol

Mustlovelife
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:33 AM

BUMP!

Mustlovelife
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Yes I would work from home. Then I would feel like I am helping out my family more.

Im sure you are helping out a whole lot, being a stay at home mom is not easy at all and requires alot of responsiblilities.

Are you currently working or just a stay at home mom ???

1smartcookie
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I would. I don't know that I'm disciplined enough to do it, but not paying daycare would be greatttttt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)