Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

NOOOOO MICE!!!

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:06 AM
  • 38 Replies

I just saw one of them run across our counter this morning and my skin just crawled.  How do you get rid of them without poison or the traps that spread guts everywhere?  

My mom had to use traps and there was ick on the counter every time.  I have 3 kids and a dog and I don't want to risk someone finding the poison if I lay it out is all.  Are there any other ways to get the buggers gone short of asking the landlord to call an exterminator?  I would ask him but he's selling the place and us completely unwilling to put ANY mone into the place

Thanks! 

by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShanesMommy2012
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:08 AM
I'd just go with the landlord idea. He wont be able to sell it if theres mice everywhere lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rowansmum
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:12 AM

We'll try him and see but he hasn't been here in 2 years and getting anything remedial ot of him is like pulling teeth :(

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

I'd just go with the landlord idea. He wont be able to sell it if theres mice everywhere lol.

rowansmum
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:17 AM

BUMP!

AlohaTink
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Glue traps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rowansmum
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM

They just get stuck down? How do you get them off?

Quoting AlohaTink:

Glue traps

FooLynRoo
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Snap traps put them on a piece of cardboard for easy disposal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:22 AM
i do traps... i live in the country and get them in the spring and fall.... my skin use to crawl... no i find it amusing when i hear a trap snap! Dh just saw one in our garage yesterday and nothing in the traps yet so we shall see! I just spend way more time cleaning in the process of riding the house of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:22 AM
An extreminator will just lay down traps anyhow . Goto home depot picke them up they are cheap. And set them nightly with bait
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:24 AM
I live in the burbs and get them in spring even though dh patrols the grounds for holes or cracks they still manage, snap traps rids us quick and easy

Quoting Barronbaby:

i do traps... i live in the country and get them in the spring and fall.... my skin use to crawl... no i find it amusing when i hear a trap snap! Dh just saw one in our garage yesterday and nothing in the traps yet so we shall see! I just spend way more time cleaning in the process of riding the house of them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Sticky paper and there are also humane traps that won't hurt it and you can set it free out side
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)