Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My MIL has lost her damn mind.... ETA

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:04 PM
  • 45 Replies

I am not even gonna go into detail about all the shit she is doing right now but trust me... she's lost it. Plain and simple. That woman is off her rocker. I knew she was crazy but she has taken it to a whole new level. I seriously do not need this extra stress right now.

*Okay now I have more time to explain. Basically... she met this guy online who claims to be a 42 year old single father who lives in Scotland and travels all over the world for business. He sends her these over the top, lovey dovey type of emails and she falls for everything he says. She is 65, btw. Well... now he is telling her some bullshit story about how he is STUCK in Thailand and they won't let him leave until he gives them $1000. So she is scrambling to get the money together to send to this asshole. She is going so far as to cash out money from her life insurance policy and selling old jewelry that belonged to her dead mother! All of us - DH, his brother, brother's wife and me - are trying to tell her THIS IS A SCAM and she just thinks that we are all out to get her and we just "don't want to see her happy." So now she has basically turned on all of us. She called BIL and SIL last night claiming that she fell in the bathroom and landed on her hip and couldn't get up. She wanted BIL to come down and help her. She lives about 30 minutes from all of us so it's not a quick trip. He said no because she has pulled dramatic crap like this before and lied just to get them to come down there because "she's lonely." No one believes her anymore because she lies all the time... so he refused to go down there and she totally spazzed out on him, threatened to call Children's Services on him and his wife... for nothing! Just because she's pissed! And they don't need this crap. They just recently had twins that were born at 22 weeks and were in the hospital for over 3 months. They just brought their babies home a few weeks ago, plus they have 2 older kids and now they have to deal with her shit on top of it.

So anyway... after she called THEM and they refused to do anything for her, she called ME and proceeded to tell me what a horrible person my husband is... again, because he doesn't come down there at her every whim.... and she just went on and on. I sat there for 30 minutes listening to her bad mouth my husband, his brother and his brother's wife. She even told me that she likes me more than she likes DH and that I am more like her own child than he is. WTF?! This is his own mother! And she ended the convo with "Luke and Mark can go fuck themselves." Those are her sons she is talking about! And all because they are trying to stop her from losing everything she has to a scammer! Ahhh!

Oh, and when she called me she said that she had fallen in the bathroom and landed on her hip. I asked her if she needed me to call 911 and she says "NO! I'm not goin' to no damn hospital!" Well, then I guess you're not that bad off, huh?

I say we should just put her in a home and be done with it. lol

This is the link to his FB profile. I'm sure the pics are stolen and the info is all false.

https://www.facebook.com/jerry.harley.359?ref=ts

pregnancy calendar

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Oh my heres a huggingand whatever is going i hope it subsides soon 

JenMarie87
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks.

Quoting mom_dl6:

Oh my heres a huggingand whatever is going i hope it subsides soon 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IPutThemFirst
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry,I hope she stops soon..

taKENheart
by Flovely on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:31 PM
3 moms liked this

I hope she knocks it off soon! :)

JenMarie87
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:04 PM

BUMP!

JenMarie87
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:12 PM

BUMP!

IPutThemFirst
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Wow that is CRAZY!! I sure hope she doesn't send that "man"any $,that man could be a woman,I have heard of people falling for those scams all the time..

IPutThemFirst
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:15 PM

BUMP!

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup, certifiable. lol just breathe!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenMarie87
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I know! That's what I said! And he is telling her to wire the money to "his lawyer" in NY. How gullible can a person be?!!!

Quoting IPutThemFirst:

Wow that is CRAZY!! I sure hope she doesn't send that "man"any $,that man could be a woman,I have heard of people falling for those scams all the time..

pregnancy calendar

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)