Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I think little man is getting sick.

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 2:01 AM
  • 10 Replies

so my 2yr old has been sick for about a week now with a cold and a double ear infection ive been cleaning like crazy and attempting to keep him away from the new baby but its not been easy hes a mommas boy. now i think Bentley is getting sick hes almost 6 weeks old hes getting super congested and just not sleeping like he has been. hubby called and made an appt but its not til monday and idk what i can give him and what i cant. 

*Mommy to Haliey Mae, Hannah Nicole, Owen Christopher, Amarie Faith, Kayden James and Bentley Jace. Wife to Christopher. <3*

by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meagan0716
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Just watch his temperature. And if he is getting a cough watch him. Usually most dr will see a six week old instead of holding of another few days. A best thing for the congestion is saline drops and a humidifier. If you do not have on take a chair into the bathroom and nurse or bottle feed him with the shower on the hottest setting it will go. Let it get good and steamy. It works I promise my dr told me bout it when my 1 yr old got sick at 3months old. Good luck and I hope your boys feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiBaby
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

my drs on vacation and i hate all the other doctors in his office so were waiting til he gets back. so far his temp hasnt been to bad a little higher then usual but nothing to serious im constantly checking his temp. we're trying the humidifier and the steam. hes still super congested ive never had any of my kids get sick this young. 

Quoting meagan0716:

Just watch his temperature. And if he is getting a cough watch him. Usually most dr will see a six week old instead of holding of another few days. A best thing for the congestion is saline drops and a humidifier. If you do not have on take a chair into the bathroom and nurse or bottle feed him with the shower on the hottest setting it will go. Let it get good and steamy. It works I promise my dr told me bout it when my 1 yr old got sick at 3months old. Good luck and I hope your boys feel better soon.

*Mommy to Haliey Mae, Hannah Nicole, Owen Christopher, Amarie Faith, Kayden James and Bentley Jace. Wife to Christopher. <3*

sissyboogs
by Katie on Sep. 27, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Vicks vaporizer. 

You can get one at wal-mart for about 10 bucks for the smaller ones. Works wonders for my kids when they're congested, and I've been using it since mine were infants. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 3:58 AM

nurse nurse nurse or keep giving him his formula.  I do not know which feeding method he is getting.  Baby vicks on his feet with socks on may help as well.   We have a plug in size waterless vaporizer for dd when she gets congested or coughs.  

AmandaMaeBell
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Like other's have said, saline drops up the nose 2 to 3 times a day, or basically whenever needed.  (I love little noses saline spray)  And a humidifier. My 2 year old is also battling a double ear infection and an upper respiratory infection.  She's ran a fever for over 24 hours.  Had her to the doc yesterday.  Bless her heart, she threw up her medicine a couple times.  It's currently 4 am here and she (about 20 minutes ago, threw up from mucus)  Praying your little ones feel better :(

Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 4:52 AM
You can use little noses which is saline drops and a nose sucker thing works really well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShadowLark
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:13 AM
Just a reminder, any baby that young with a fever over 100.4 HAS to be seen. Hugs, mama! I hope he gets better fast!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsErdos2011
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:17 AM

This sounds mean but it's good for him. Just watch his fever. 

emmy526
by Emmy on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:00 AM

call the dr back and insist they see your baby, or ask them what is the best meds to give him...if they can't at least accomodate you on the phone, it's time to find a dr who can.

MandiBaby
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM

his fever hasnt hit that high yet. its been a steady 99 degrees 

Quoting ShadowLark:

Just a reminder, any baby that young with a fever over 100.4 HAS to be seen. Hugs, mama! I hope he gets better fast!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)