Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

would this annoy you??

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 6:57 AM
  • 38 Replies
The only one I am bashing is my ex.

I quit smoking 4 months ago. When I did smoke it was very rare with the kids in the car. And I never ever smoked in my house. Co workers never knew I smoked cuz they couldn't smell it on me.

To my point. I pick up the kids and they reek. Like their dad and gf smoked a pack each while around the kids. They both smoke in the car and in the apartment. I had to bathe them when we got home because I didn't want that smell in my house. Yes it does transfer.

I've asked him to stop doing it with the kids in the car. But he just gets pissy. DD just told me last night they smoke in the apartment. To each their own. But why can't they walk downstairs to the outside? I have tons of beef with him. And he just seems to add to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
je80ss
by Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:01 AM
They will never change. Everytime skids came home from bm's we had to throw all clothes and coats in the washer. No matter what you want they wont sop unless they want to. We just made sure to tell the kids it wasn't good to be around smokers so hopefully the Kids would at least go in a different room. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemonaghan
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I would be mad that he is smoking around my children. If he makes the choice to smoke, so be it, but he should not force that choice on the children. 

I could care less about the clothes or the smell, I'd be more concerned about the second hand smoke that he is subjecting my children too, and for that, I'd want to ring his neck

smurfbitebug
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Yeah that would annoy me. Because I'm also a smoker and can get off my ass to walk to the door.. so I know it doesn't take all that much effort.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:04 AM

yes it would annoy me but thats not really anything you can do about it.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:06 AM

some states have laws where you cant somke in the house or in the car with children.  i would look into that

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:07 AM
BTW i am a smoker, and i dont smoke in the car or in my house or around my children
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:07 AM

U.S. State/ Commonwealth
Smokefree Provision
Effective Date
Arkansas

Persons < than age 6 and under 60 pounds in a child safety seat. Effective 07/21/2006 
Persons < age 14. Effective 07/27/2011

07/21/2006
07/27/2011
LouisianaPersons < age 1308/15/2006
Puerto RicoPersons < age 1303/02/2007
CaliforniaPersons < age 1801/01/2008
MainePersons < age 1609/01/2008
rockinmomto2
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:08 AM

That's why I stopped allowing my kids to go to DHs grandmothers house. She and her husband chain smoke inside. Even though they don't smoke inside while the kids are there (which I guess I appreciated), we still all came home smelling like cigarettes. It was disgusting.

MrsErdos2011
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:10 AM

it annoys the crap out of me! Both my husband and I are non smokers and hate the smell. He dips but it smells like wintergreen. 

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:19 AM

You can not control what others do in their own home. I think it's gross but since they are adults and the ex is the father he gets to decide.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN