Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

*vent* if one more relative makes a nasty comment about my sons weight i am going to go Mama bear in dis!*vent*

Posted by   + Show Post
This is a vent, excuse all typos, autoposcorrections, and rambling. Once again this is a vent.

If one more f*#king person calls my kid fat, or says i need to change Dr because obviously he needs to diet i am going to flip.

No his Dr isn't concerned and you know why? Because she is a Dr, and not a dumb ass! He has two large build parents, so he is going to be large.

He is ten months and walking, he knows how to use a push off ride on toy, and can talk. He mostly, largely refuses solids of any shape and form. Refuses pumped breastmilk, so he drinks straight from the tap.

You can't put a breast milk baby on a diet.

Yes I know ' he is larger than your toddler' but ffs your 5'3 and like 90lbs, i am 6'3 and 198, my dh is 6' and 250. That's why my ten month old is 32lbs and 33.5 inches, and your 2 yr old isn't.

Ugh!!!!

Vent over.

ETA: pics in replies pg2,3,4 , since i am mobile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Replies (81-90):
tansyflower
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:44 PM

my 5 month old weighs 21 pounds...and his dr says he if perfect lol!  no worries mama i had had my fair share of he should go on a diet comments too...well i am sorry but i am not going to let a baby cry in hunger or give him WATER instead of breastmilk smdh!!!

this is my 5 month old chunk and my two year old who weighs 8 pounds more than him LOL :)

nocalmegan
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Callie's been walking since about 12m and she's slimmed down a little but they are still there. And they prob will be until she has a growth spurt and grows a few inches. She's def not chubby in any other aspect. Lol
Plus I think leg rolls are adorable on babies.

Quoting Melanie420:

People say they should have gone away since he's been crawling and walking holding on to the walls and ledge, they didn't go away but it don't mean he's chubby

Quoting nocalmegan:

My dd is 15m and weighs 21# and she has those little leg rolls still above her knees. Everytimw my gramma comes over she constantly makes comments about how chunky she is and how those should have gone away when she started walking. Shes completely average for her height and weight. She's 32 inches tall. She's 15m in 12m clothes. It seriously gets on my nerves when my gramma starts in about it.

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting kagegirl:

My 8mo weighs in at just over 18 pounds and I have been told to put her ok a diet. Her doctor isn't concerned at all, but these assholes have decided obesity starts in the womb. Wtf???

my 11 month old is just over 20 pounds and his doctorsaid hes only bigger than 20% of boys his age, I get so pissed when people say his legs are fat, they have baby rolls like most babis legs do, they arnt even big

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:45 PM

His dad and I are heavy.  My brother is thin and always has been.  I wasn't fat growing up but my brother made fun of me because I was and am heavier than he is. Even when I was thin I was heavier.  Apparently ds12 picked up his father's genes from his heavy family and ds9 got his genes from my mother and brother who are thin.

Quoting mommaslilmen:

Its just so odd how brothers gain weight differently. My youngest will be 4 in dec and is already 38lbs and like 2 inches shorter than my oldest. I know he's probably "normal" but its not what I'm used to

Quoting MicheleJM:

My nine year is about 50 or 55 lbs.  Idk what I'd do if his doctors gave him a high calorie diet because my older son is getting heavy so I'm trying to cut down what he eats.  How would one explain to a 12 year old that his brother has to eat a lot of calories while he can't? He's already angry that ds doesn't gain weight as it is.  To keep him on a diet I have to keep us ALL on it.  The only person that ever gave us grief about ds9's weight was my mother Ms. clean your plate. And trying to explain that causes weight problems later in life did no good because she was focusing on waste.  Umm wrap it up, save it for later.  Not really a big thing here. "sigh"

Quoting mommaslilmen:

Ohh trust me I know your pain. My now 6 yr old is FINALLY 40lbs. It took a lot not to happy dance when we were in the er for his broken arm and saw that. The first ped he had did the whole supplement him with formula (he was bf) so he would gain weight. She had him on a pediasure diet, and even gave me a list of "high calorie" foods like pop tarts and hostes cakes. We left her after that. The second and now third drs have been happy and noticed he's on his own growth curve

Quoting SuperPickle:

I hear you but on the opposite end of the spectrum. I have an 8.5 year old boy who barely skims 40lbs. People are constantly telling me I need to force feed him butter and Big Macs and CRAP to get him to gain weight.. LOL Yeah lets risk his heart  and vital organs to put on a few pounds...

usmcwifey11
by Krysti on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:54 PM
He seems proportionate momma! My son, who just turned 14 months, is 34 inches and 25 lbs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tangal
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Awww ur baby so cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs_mom906
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:57 PM
My son started out bigger than most babies. But once he discovered walking, running and climbing, he stopped gaining weight. In the last year, he has grown 4", but gained only 1.5lbs. Itoo got tired of hearing things like 'what do you feed tht kid? Steak and ice cream?". Nope, he was a boob baby, and that was all he got for the first 6 months.he didn't like baby food, so solids were rather limited for him as well. People just need to mind their wn business about kids that aren't theirs to worry about anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:58 PM

OMG, your daughter is beautiful!

Quoting samurai_chica:

My daughter was a super fatty too when she was a baby & a toddler. Totally breastfed...I had a few parents tell me she was over weight and i just gave them the "fuck off" look. Especially my MIL...i wanted to slap that bitch!

HA...my DD is super tall, and is a BEAN POLE now! She is 10 and is 2" taller than I am. She towers over the other kids in her class. She was holding all that pudge so she could grow into a healthy child. She is very heavy though...even though she is thin, she weighs a lot. About 107 right now...she gained 7 lbs since July. She is growing like a friggen weed...here is a pic...

Wish i had a baby pic i could post right now. She was so fat until the age of 4...then she just started growing...

Feed your kid healthy...that is all that matters! everyone has different body types!!!

I love it when people who told me she was fat, realize how lean & healthy she is now.

With light and love

kjfamily
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Are you overweight and eat a lot of fatty foods? Your breast milk may be too fattening, lol. He looks a little past the " healthy" baby fat stage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaslilmen
by Kimmy on Sep. 28, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Everyone on my side has been on the small side. I never even hit those weight/growth charts. Once we hit puberity we got taller but didn't really gain weight. My ex has always been smaller too. But his mo, and my brother are tall. So my oldest took after me (even in looks) and my youngest took after my brother or nana

Quoting MicheleJM:

His dad and I are heavy.  My brother is thin and always has been.  I wasn't fat growing up but my brother made fun of me because I was and am heavier than he is. Even when I was thin I was heavier.  Apparently ds12 picked up his father's genes from his heavy family and ds9 got his genes from my mother and brother who are thin.

Quoting mommaslilmen:

Its just so odd how brothers gain weight differently. My youngest will be 4 in dec and is already 38lbs and like 2 inches shorter than my oldest. I know he's probably "normal" but its not what I'm used to

Quoting MicheleJM:

My nine year is about 50 or 55 lbs.  Idk what I'd do if his doctors gave him a high calorie diet because my older son is getting heavy so I'm trying to cut down what he eats.  How would one explain to a 12 year old that his brother has to eat a lot of calories while he can't? He's already angry that ds doesn't gain weight as it is.  To keep him on a diet I have to keep us ALL on it.  The only person that ever gave us grief about ds9's weight was my mother Ms. clean your plate. And trying to explain that causes weight problems later in life did no good because she was focusing on waste.  Umm wrap it up, save it for later.  Not really a big thing here. "sigh"

Quoting mommaslilmen:

Ohh trust me I know your pain. My now 6 yr old is FINALLY 40lbs. It took a lot not to happy dance when we were in the er for his broken arm and saw that. The first ped he had did the whole supplement him with formula (he was bf) so he would gain weight. She had him on a pediasure diet, and even gave me a list of "high calorie" foods like pop tarts and hostes cakes. We left her after that. The second and now third drs have been happy and noticed he's on his own growth curve

Quoting SuperPickle:

I hear you but on the opposite end of the spectrum. I have an 8.5 year old boy who barely skims 40lbs. People are constantly telling me I need to force feed him butter and Big Macs and CRAP to get him to gain weight.. LOL Yeah lets risk his heart  and vital organs to put on a few pounds...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2manydiapers
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 3:10 PM
If he had more than breastmilk maybe, if he wasn't walking and running around then yes. Since he is active and 95% of his diet is breastmilk no i am not worried. Are parents of skinny kids worry? No because all kids come in different sizes.

I didn't know ages had a set height and weight.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Do you think there is ever a point where you would say, "hmmm this is a problem..." 

I really dont know if your kid is healthy or not but I'd say 99% of parents with fat kids have excuses.  they either claim the kid isnt fat or they will outgrow it.  Im just wondering if there is an age and hight/weight ratio that you would consider it a problem. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)