Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
If so how old were they when you first got them one?
Did they have to earn it? If so how did they earn it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
atmsmom2011
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:20 AM
No but toddlers are stingy and things what mine is hers lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

17 and almost 14 year olds got them when they were 11 and 14. My middle DD is almost 11 and will most likely get one around her 11th birthday as she is in dance and other activities that get out early at times. 9 year old DD has no need for one and will probably get one around 11 or 12. My 17 year old didn't want one until he was 14.

outtamymynd
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:23 AM
The 3 older ones have them. They got them at 9, 11 and 12. They are now 11, 16 and 17. Never had an issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tammi4
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:26 AM
My daughter has had her own cell phone since she was 9 years old. She is now almost 20. No, she didn't have to earn it. I wanted her to able to call me anytime she was at school or at a friends house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJB163
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Nope. And he won't until he hits high school, and he will have a track phone or prepaid phone in high school.

No tvs in rooms either. Or tablets, or computers... Not until they can afford the fancy stuff for the selves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:32 AM
No, my 13 yr old wants one, but we cant afford it. Dhs phone isnt even on right now because we cant afford it. If we COULD afford it, my son would have one, but there would be rules with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:33 AM

My DS got his for his 14th birthday. We plan to do that for the younger two as well. I think they need them for high school because of all the extracurricular activities and to talk to their friends.

kriss1023
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Sd13 got hers when she was 11. She is in band and softball and they were going to contests and things.

SS14 does not have one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TessB
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Yes, when he was 8 so he could call me whenever he wanted, from his biological father's house, which is in a different state.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:54 AM
My kids will not be getting a cell no time soon. They are way to young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)