Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you let your 14 year old

Posted by   + Show Post
My dd was nominated by her teacher for a program called People to People Student Ambassador. If she's picked (chances are slim) she would go to Either Whales, Ireland or Scotland for the summer. Kinda like a foreign exchange student. I don't have all the details yet as I still have to go to the Information meeting in November. The cost of the trip is somewhere between $4000 and $8000. would you let your 14 year old go?
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
mommy5912
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:37 AM

my son was nominated, however we can't afford it and we told him so he understood and we asked the teacher to pick another student

-MidnightKarma-
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Only if I could chaperone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KimK2007
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Make sure you do some research on People to People.  I just got the same letter on my fifth grade son.  I already received it for my older son when he was in fourth grade.  There are some who have some not so nice things to say online about People to People.  Basically, it sounds like a travel agency for kids with an emphasis on education.  Good luck!

.ChiMama.
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Depending on details and if I could tag along, yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kagegirl
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Absolutely!!! My mom let me go on something similar, and it was one of the best experiences of my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:39 AM

honestly with the world the way it is today I doubt I would because I worry alot . There is just too much bad.

colins_mom
by Heather on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:39 AM
I did it when I was 15 so yes I would! Its an awesome learning experience and I got to go with my bff. We went to Greece :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reche1978
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:40 AM

No way, sounds amazing but for me 14 is way to young

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:41 AM
Yes if the situation was right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karissa_ruiz
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:42 AM
Oh I had that opportunity when I was in high school! I was so excited to go. Ours was for China. I didn't get the money though so couldn't go :/

As long as she is properly supervised CONSTANTLY I would let her go. I'd miss her like crazy and be worried but its a great opportunity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)