Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Do they keep their candy?

Options:

Yes!!! (but I steal some of it too!!)

No! we take it to the dentist or other place

we dont trick or treat

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 54

View Results

Do you let your children keep their halloween candy or do you take it to the dentist for a measly 2 bucks? my kiddos keep their candy but they only eat a few pieces a week

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
wiener
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I let them, keep it but i have controll over what and how much they get, I'm glad I'm not handing out halloween candy this year, instead I'm giving out rice krispy bars, granola bars and cracker and cheese stick, so much better then candy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
makelineerror
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Quoting Meghan1987:

Why take them trick or treating andd then tell them they cant keep the candy? Thats like going to a buffet and saying you can only have salad. We will be keeping ours.

Apparently, they send it to troops overseas. It's called Operation Gratitude.

http://www.halloweencandybuyback.com/
mandiNthomas
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:47 AM
The kids get 3 pieces and thats it. We toss the rest or df takes it to work. We arent big on candy. But love halloween.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenner8
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:58 AM

She can eat all she wants on that day... we've already went once this year (at the zoo) she got about 20 pieces and didn't eat muh of it.  But boy did I get dirty looks when other parents heard me telling her she could eat all she wanted, I can tell her that because I know that while she loves the idea of candy she never eats very much of it (she's 4).

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Agree. The stupidest shut hve ever heard, I've heard in cafemom.
My kids keep their candy once I check it all.

Quoting Meghan1987:

Why take them trick or treating andd then tell them they cant keep the candy? Thats like going to a buffet and saying you can only have salad. We will be keeping ours.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I agree with this!  I always thought it was cruel to make them give it up.  Wouldn't it be easier to simply limit how many houses they visit on Halloween instead of some elaborate procedure of how many pieces they can have and then they have to sell it to the dentist or whatever.  It's so silly.  One time of year does not ruin teeth and healthy habits for a lifetime. 

Quoting Meghan1987:

LaughingTattoo
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:02 AM

They keep it and are allowed a couple peices a day

megan71108
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:03 AM
We keep it and he will eat a piece a day for a few days then it just sits there lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:04 AM

lol.....you are the house I hated and skipped growing up

Quoting wiener:

I let them, keep it but i have controll over what and how much they get, I'm glad I'm not handing out halloween candy this year, instead I'm giving out rice krispy bars, granola bars and cracker and cheese stick, so much better then candy

halleys_mommy_1
by +Logan on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:06 AM
We let dd keep hers. She still has some left over from last year in a jar in the kitchen.
Ds is only 2 but he will be able to add his to the jar as well. He only likes m&m's so he's easy lol
I go thru and make sure everything is ok and chuck what no one likes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)