Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Do they keep their candy?

Options:

Yes!!! (but I steal some of it too!!)

No! we take it to the dentist or other place

we dont trick or treat

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 54

View Results

Do you let your children keep their halloween candy or do you take it to the dentist for a measly 2 bucks? my kiddos keep their candy but they only eat a few pieces a week

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
IPutThemFirst
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Yes my kids keep their candy until November and then we usually end up just tossing it,they are allowed a few pieces a week,they get a TON of candy from trick or treating..Last year I counted 185 pieces for each kid that is a lot of candy..I will sometimes "borrow"a piece or two if there is anything in there I like...

highlandmum
by Spunky Dancer on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM

My children keep it.  Usually I end up throwing stuff out as they forget about it after a while.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:23 PM

BUMP!

Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM

The dentist buys Halloween candy? I wonder what they do with it. My kids get to eat as much as they want the night of and after that it gets taken away and they get a few pieces a day until it's gone, or almost. I usually let it get pretty low and then tell them it's gone.

fishstick
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:29 PM

After my sisters and I would go trick or treating we would always play cards and bet the candy. So one person usually ended up with all the good stuff. Then we would sneak it from each other. I miss those days :(   But now when DSD gets candy, we take some to my parents because my dad loves candy! Then we keep some of it..but she can only have 1 piece a day when she remembers she has it. lol.

stykir
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:29 PM
i didn't know you could turn it in for cash. i wouldn't though. candy is a fun treat, why take it away from them? for halloween night and the next day they can have at it. after that i put it up and they get one or 2 pieces a day til it's gone. daddy and i help deplete the stash lol
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:44 PM

BUMP!

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:02 AM

LOL

they keep it so I can eat it

cannonsmommy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:06 AM
Halloween night we let ds who's 5 pick out 5 or 6 favorite pieces. Then we put the rest away for treat or rewards
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissam78
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:40 AM
We let them keep it,but it goes in our room so their not eating too much or all at once,I know of people who will get their kids to trade the candy for smtn like dollar store items,a DVD,game something around those lines,not all the candy but around 60% - which is not a bad idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN