Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Do they keep their candy?

Options:

Yes!!! (but I steal some of it too!!)

No! we take it to the dentist or other place

we dont trick or treat

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 54

View Results

Do you let your children keep their halloween candy or do you take it to the dentist for a measly 2 bucks? my kiddos keep their candy but they only eat a few pieces a week

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Replies (31-39):
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Mine keep it. I dont allow DD to sit there and pig out on it. She gets a few pieces here and there. 

Pnukey
by Jennifer on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:09 AM

They keep it and eat it until they feel sick. I don't monitor it. Their vomit-factor does. We always have candy in the house though, so they never really pig out. I throw out whatever is still left at Thanksgiving. Neither of our kids are fat. 

AmiJanell
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:53 AM

We keep his candy... but he doesn't have free access to it.  We actually still have candy still from last Halloween because he's not allowed to have much of it (I like to eat it sometimes though! LOL)

wiener
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Really?, I did this last year and I had a lot of kids tell me that they were happy to get somthing else besides candy, kids like rice krispy bars, those little cracker sticks with cheese dip and granola bars ( these are chocolate covered) its somthing diffrent and their parents don't throw them out like the do the candy.. I could be really mean and hand out stickers and penciles like some house

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

lol.....you are the house I hated and skipped growing up

Quoting wiener:

I let them, keep it but i have controll over what and how much they get, I'm glad I'm not handing out halloween candy this year, instead I'm giving out rice krispy bars, granola bars and cracker and cheese stick, so much better then candy

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:10 AM

LOL...I always liked the pencils, rings and stickers. What I REALLY didnt like were the people that handed out flippen Bibles and candy. The reason I didnt like what you handed out was bc I already had them at home lol....but then again I have never, ever been able to resist a fruit snack :)

Quoting wiener:

Really?, I did this last year and I had a lot of kids tell me that they were happy to get somthing else besides candy, kids like rice krispy bars, those little cracker sticks with cheese dip and granola bars ( these are chocolate covered) its somthing diffrent and their parents don't throw them out like the do the candy.. I could be really mean and hand out stickers and penciles like some house

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Quoting wiener:

I let them, keep it but i have controll over what and how much they get, I'm glad I'm not handing out halloween candy this year, instead I'm giving out rice krispy bars, granola bars and cracker and cheese stick, so much better then candy

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM
The kids keep it after I throw away any open or weird looking candy. They get TONS. It lasts all year. We end up throwing it out because at Easter they get more candy oh and valentines. Our kids only get candy as a dessert if they eat all their dinner ( hardly ever happens) or of they are especially good. So maybe 1-3 pieces a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamacruz13
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:13 AM
My TOTing kiddo is only three this year. He usually eats a few pieces and then the rest goes to work with my husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM
She keeps it, she only will get two a day after halloween, whatever she wants day of. But, shes only 18 months, so i will most likely eat alot of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wiener
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM
See I can't stand the party favor toys they get or the darn pencils, my boys have over a hundred pencils they get every year for every holiday and they just collect dust, I was thinking about getting fruit snacks to hand out too but they are very pricey and I'm trying keep it under $20 for all of it, and we have over 80 kids each year so far I sent $15 and got 70 items

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

LOL...I always liked the pencils, rings and stickers. What I REALLY didnt like were the people that handed out flippen Bibles and candy. The reason I didnt like what you handed out was bc I already had them at home lol....but then again I have never, ever been able to resist a fruit snack :)

Quoting wiener:

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Quoting wiener:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)