Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If your child invited to a birthday party...

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you answer to the invitation right away or wait a day or two before the birthday party? My dd 5 th birthday party is this Saturday and only 3 persons told me they were coming! I'm starting to freak out a little! How am I supposed to plan the party if I have no clue how many people will show up?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
onethentwins
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM

It depends on how I recieved the invite. If it were a posted one, I'd call the minute I opened it so that I wouldn't forget. An email or evite I might wait just because they seem less formal.

dlnimo
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM
I answer right away. I think it's beyond rude to not RSVP when asked to. How much time does it take to call, text, email back a response? Yes I'm coming, no I cannot attend.......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:17 PM
I always do it asap but never wait until last minute! I know how you feel forreal though! Dd's 3rd birthday party is Saturday & I know of like 8 people that are for sure coming. It's been this way for the first 2 parties too. :( I'm just going to stick with the 24 cupcakes & if there's not enough oh well. I sent out invitations 3 weeks ago!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BuzyMommy35
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:19 PM
I answer the RSVP right away so the people can plan. I think it's so rude that people don't answer RSVP it seems like people don't realize that you should call when you get an invitation either way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I RSVP within a day or two of getting the invite if I'm accepting. I don't usually call if I'm not. I certainly wouldn't show up if I hadn't RSVP'd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Anyone who doesn't RSVP I assume isn't coming. If I don't have enough stuff then sorry your kid doesn't get what I don't have enough of. I turn in my numbers to the venue and if I can't change it (though I have always been able to) then sorry the kid can't come because I didn't know they were coming. I'm not spending extra money for no shows!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM

You can call the guests.  

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Start calling your invitees.  I've had to do that because half the guests on the list don't bother to confirm.

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM
When did you send the invitations out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:26 PM
I answer right away and if I do the inviting and don't hear back, I call/email people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)