Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can a child know they are gay at...

Posted by   + Show Post

age 11? A friend of mine came to me and told me her 11 year old DD ( just turned 11) dropped a bomb on her and said she was gay.... can she know at that age,?She hasn't done anything sexually......My friend doesn't know what to say to her DD to reassure that she loves her, doesn't know what questions to ask.....I mean she has reassured her she loves her  but she is just a little shocked and wondering if her DD might just be confused. She asked her DD what she thought it meant and her DD told her exactly what it meant..... but can the child just be confused?

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (51-51):
slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Kids can know they're not straight at a very young age. Even kindergarteners can develop crushes on other students. When all the girls in her class are crushing on guy celebrities or other students but one girl finds herself crushing on another girl, she can come to realize she's "different."

You don't have to be sexually active to develop a crush as a kid. Hell when I was little I had a crush on the guy who plays McGee on NCIS (back then he played Binx from Hocus Pocus and I thought he was cute). I wasn't sexually active by any means obviously, but a crush is still a crush.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN