Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

have you? could you? would you?

Posted by   + Show Post
Ever date or be with someone just because of their money and their name?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
black.eyeliner
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:24 PM
No but I ended up with some wealthy men. Mind you I didn't need their money either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:28 PM
But you are rich with the blessings in your life. For me to be "rich" is far more than monetary value.

My bf has some money. I never knew how much until AFTER I started dating him. We go out to movies every so oftern. Dinner (nothing real fancy) he is respectable enough to tell me not to spend my money on him but to spend it on my kids. I always buy him something. (This year for his bday it was a painted cement block with his last name and Harley design. He loved it! So did his kids) little thoughts that count. :)

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

Lets put it this way... i only dated guys with money, who had powerful ties, but that's all, i knew i would never marry one of them... i was young, i had fun.  

i have plenty of stories.... ones you really only think that can happen in the movies.. lol

i wound up meeting a respectable man, who is far from rich, and i wound up marrying him...  we arent poor but we arent rich by anymeans.  

Quoting a06z08mama:

Did he buy you lots of things? Was it the sole reason why you were together?

I am not trying to bash. Just want to know why some women do it. There's a girl I know that has bounced from guys that all have money. One was self rich. He earned his money. Others are because of parents or family. She just got with a guy. And two month later is pregnant. I just think she did it for the money. To make her mommy happy. (Who is very money hungry herself )

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

yes, i have

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prissypoptart
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IPutThemFirst
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

No and I would not,it seems tacky imo

Due9
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Hell No. I have to really love/like someone to be able to deal with them.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM

No, no and no.

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Have? Could? Would?

Quoting prissypoptart:

Yes

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inspain
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I thought I could (I thought it'd be cool to try to be a gold-digger, you know, just once), but just trying to stay with someone whose chewing and sleeping noises bothered me was impossible.  I'm very short tempered and impatient, if I wasn't crazy about them, I'd have to move on.  

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:45 AM

to each their own.  i enjoyed my single years, i enjoyed the way i lived, the ppl i dated, the places i went to.  i didnt want to bring my child into "that life" which is why i married a man of no "status"

being "rich" with blessings in your life, does not pay the bills,  again we are by no means rich, we are millionares by CM standards, but according to statistics of where i live, we are considered lower middle class.

but like i said i knew that before i married DH.

Quoting a06z08mama:

But you are rich with the blessings in your life. For me to be "rich" is far more than monetary value.

My bf has some money. I never knew how much until AFTER I started dating him. We go out to movies every so oftern. Dinner (nothing real fancy) he is respectable enough to tell me not to spend my money on him but to spend it on my kids. I always buy him something. (This year for his bday it was a painted cement block with his last name and Harley design. He loved it! So did his kids) little thoughts that count. :)

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

Lets put it this way... i only dated guys with money, who had powerful ties, but that's all, i knew i would never marry one of them... i was young, i had fun.  

i have plenty of stories.... ones you really only think that can happen in the movies.. lol

i wound up meeting a respectable man, who is far from rich, and i wound up marrying him...  we arent poor but we arent rich by anymeans.  

Quoting a06z08mama:

Did he buy you lots of things? Was it the sole reason why you were together?

I am not trying to bash. Just want to know why some women do it. There's a girl I know that has bounced from guys that all have money. One was self rich. He earned his money. Others are because of parents or family. She just got with a guy. And two month later is pregnant. I just think she did it for the money. To make her mommy happy. (Who is very money hungry herself )

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

yes, i have

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Nope.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)