Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I like to make jewelry, and I'm thinking about making friendship bracelets and selling them.

Forgot to add photography, and reading! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Replies (51-60):
alexvitte
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:50 AM

that is so pretty! i love the color you rock

Quoting EJI85:

Mobile Photo

Here is a bracelet I just made!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
mrskgill06
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
i make bows for my girls.. Ive been told by several people i should sell them and have sold a few but for now i just enjoy making them for my girls. which reminds me i was gonna make them a new one for school tomorrow.. Guess i better get on that.. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexvitte
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:02 AM

cool!, how did you learn? does it take long? i want to make some for my little sister.

Quoting mrskgill06:

i make bows for my girls.. Ive been told by several people i should sell them and have sold a few but for now i just enjoy making them for my girls. which reminds me i was gonna make them a new one for school tomorrow.. Guess i better get on that.. Lol

beeonit
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Knitting, reading, dancing, playing scrabble with my husband, and dancing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexvitte
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:06 AM

;) i see you like dancing.... what kind of music do you like to dance?

Quoting beeonit:

mrskgill06
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:11 AM
I taught myself for the main part.. Some i found online, and some i got the lil paper things they have at like hobby lobby w the instructions.. Alot of em i just look at and play with the ribbon until i get wht 0i want.. Lol the first bow every made in my house tho was by my dh.. It was cute too.. Lil ladybug ribbon.. I make big, little, pigtail bows, layered, single ribbon. Just depends on my mood. The more layers u have the harder it is to keep in line.. Lol It helps when i get depressed to make something pretty.. Lol i started when i was preg w ds and on bedrest.. It kept me really occupied.. Lol i can make like 4 in an hr if nobody wants anything and im on a roll.. Sometimes more, sometimes it takes more time.. Im wantin to do them some bottle cap bows but i want like coca cola tops ect.. Not the caps u buy at the store.. Lol

Quoting alexvitte:

cool!, how did you learn? does it take long? i want to make some for my little sister.

Quoting mrskgill06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EJI85
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I made it for my mom for Christmas. It has a cool magnetic clasp too. I also made a pair of matching earrings! my camera phone doesn't really do it justice, but you had mentioned you wanted to see a pic. :-)

Quoting alexvitte:

that is so pretty! i love the color you rock

Quoting EJI85:

Mobile Photo

Here is a bracelet I just made!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeonit
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:15 AM
It really looks that way, I'm just exhausted and accidently repeated myself. DH and I are big into swing if you can believe it

Quoting alexvitte:

;) i see you like dancing.... what kind of music do you like to dance?

Quoting beeonit:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Couponing! I love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyByrdNest
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Different kinds. I have my favorites. Unfortunately my favorite, photojournalism, doesn't make a lot of money. So I have to do things like weddings and portraits to make the real cash. I do everything legit. Photography school, business license, claim profit, write-off's etc...

Here where I live, every Tom, Dick and Jane were all of a sudden a photographer if they got a Nikon D60 for Christmas lol!!! So the city started cracking down on them. If you were caught advertising in anyway, even by word of mouth or person to person, or if you received so much as a $15.00 Target gift card, you were considered a business operating illegally! You were fined, audited, and forced to get a business license.

It really has weeded out the sub-standard photographers who thought they were professionals but when told they needed a business license, suddenly they weren' professionals anymore lol!!

Quoting alexvitte:

wow, you are so lucky. what kind of photography?

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

My hobby turned into a profession. Not by choice by demand. lol!!

My photography was seen and then I was approached, offers were made that I could not refuse. 

So here I am, 3 years later, a Three time Award Winning Photographer. 

I would have never guessed. 

God is good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN