Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The Presidential Debate

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:21 PM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this

Just watched the debate... I find that a lot of the problems that America is facing the people can fix on their own. We, as the people, need to start being smarter with our money and live under our means instead of living right at or above our means. Start saving up for our own retirement. Get out of debt and stay out debt. Paying interest is a waste of your money. If you need healthcare and have a pre-existing condition, then go after a job that has offers insurance. They will cover you. I do believe that food stamps should be taken away. There are to many people who abuse the system. If you need help, there is family, friends, churches, care and share, food banks you can turn to for help. There is help out there but I don't think that it's the government's job to feed the poor but the People's job. We need to take care of each other. More than half of the debate would be resolved if we, the people, stepped it up on how we do things financially at home.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Arwyn724
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:25 PM

So you're voting for Romney...

MommyLeary
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure yet. My whole thing is, is that if all else fails you only have you to depend on. Be your own saftey net. Protect yourself and if you can help others along the way.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Your view is very naive and this is coming from someone Wyo manages money for a living. Do you mind if I ask how old you are and what you do for a living?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A.B.C.brown07
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM
4 moms liked this
Uhh good thing your not running for president. Even Romney doesn't believe the entire PA program should be taken away. "if you have a pre existing condition find another job that offers benefits?" wow, do you really believe good jobs are just a dime a dozen out there? People are just happy to find a job to feed their families! They will worry about healthcare later, but when you are in dire need of a job a person will take ANYTHING. Beggars can't be choosers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Some of the problems are at a level beyond American citizens. Banks gave mortgages to people that truthfully had NO business being approved for one..but then again, people know when they can and can't afford a home mortgage.

But still deregulation of banking had a HUGE hand in what's happened with our econoomy.

Our governement is printing money like Bonnie and Clyde, without anything to back it up. So it's essentiallty worthless.

A.B.C.brown07
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Solo you don't think the government should help, but family friends churches, and food banks should? Lol you must live in a perfect world where you believe everyone has family and friends, everyone has a church, and food banks get their money off trees!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyDayz
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Oh yeah it's that easy

MommyLeary
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Your view is very naive and this is coming from someone Wyo manages money for a living. Do you mind if I ask how old you are and what you do for a living?

lol believe it or not I am 24 and I waitress. My husband and I have a morgage of 1120 a month with just essential bills. He makes $14 an hour and we live comfortably. We have been that way for over 2 years now. 2Years ago we cut up all of our credit cards, payed off bank loans and got out of debt. We have money in savings that we can depend on if something goes wrong. 

MommyLeary
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I see what you are saying. I have a pre excisiting condition, Type one diabetes. When the only healthcare that will take you costs $265 just for you and will not start coverage until 6 months into the program, what do you do? A single vile of insulin is $120 and a box of test strips is $200 a pop. These are things that i'm faced with. My only option that I had to work with was to find a job that offered healthcare to cover my diabetes. I have had diabetes for 20 years. I know what its like to sacrifice my own health to put food on the table for my kids. I have been there. It's not pretty. 

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

Uhh good thing your not running for president. Even Romney doesn't believe the entire PA program should be taken away. "if you have a pre existing condition find another job that offers benefits?" wow, do you really believe good jobs are just a dime a dozen out there? People are just happy to find a job to feed their families! They will worry about healthcare later, but when you are in dire need of a job a person will take ANYTHING. Beggars can't be choosers.

alreadydidthis
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Yeah I'm real good at not bashing the ladies on here but there is so much wrong with her statement. Rather your pro romney or pro obama her statement was very ignorant..

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)