Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Just watched the debate... I find that a lot of the problems that America is facing the people can fix on their own. We, as the people, need to start being smarter with our money and live under our means instead of living right at or above our means. Start saving up for our own retirement. Get out of debt and stay out debt. Paying interest is a waste of your money. If you need healthcare and have a pre-existing condition, then go after a job that has offers insurance. They will cover you. I do believe that food stamps should be taken away. There are to many people who abuse the system. If you need help, there is family, friends, churches, care and share, food banks you can turn to for help. There is help out there but I don't think that it's the government's job to feed the poor but the People's job. We need to take care of each other. More than half of the debate would be resolved if we, the people, stepped it up on how we do things financially at home.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Well Democrats WON"T let us fix things on our own. THey'll tax us to death so they can fix it 'for us'... The American people are NOT children and we do NOT need to the government to  regulate every aspect of our lives.

Romney won hands down last night.  Totally.

peanut081981
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Now that's not fair. I'm voting for Romney and I think what she's said is ridiculous.

Quoting Arwyn724:

So you're voting for Romney...

slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Except that has been proven to not only cost the state MORE money, but it also doesn't hardly catch enough "abusers" for it to work. There really are not as many welfare abusers as most people like to think.

Quoting MommyLeary:

Fair enough. I know that there are people on PA who are truely in need of help. But there are those who abuse the system. What if there was regulations in place to weed those abusers out of the system? Like drug tests for instance? PA should only be used until you are back on your feet, after that point I would consider it a hand out.

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

Girl you are living in a dream! No one will willingly give money to ppl. This is why we tax. Taxes are required and involuntarily taken from checks to assure the poor are cared for. Everyones priority is their own family first. If we left it to ppl to voluntarily give then ppl would starve!!! I think your views are just slightly far fetched. Obama and Romney both agree that the PA is a good system in place to help those, they disagree on the details of the requirements and the percentage of ppl it helps

Quoting MommyLeary:

I know that not everyone has family or friends to turn to when they need help. What i'm saying is help those around you even if you don't know them. Give a little if you can give a little to those who need help. It seems like the only time people are willing to help others is the Christmas season. What about the rest of the year? 

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

Solo you don't think the government should help, but family friends churches, and food banks should? Lol you must live in a perfect world where you believe everyone has family and friends, everyone has a church, and food banks get their money off trees!

chaslee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM

A lot of insurance that is offered through employment did not cover pre-existing conditions before this reform... so "get a job that has health care" really doesn't cut it.  YOUR pre-existing condition may not have been covered, even with that job insurance, before Obama.  Just sayin.

Quoting MommyLeary:

I see what you are saying. I have a pre excisiting condition, Type one diabetes. When the only healthcare that will take you costs $265 just for you and will not start coverage until 6 months into the program, what do you do? A single vile of insulin is $120 and a box of test strips is $200 a pop. These are things that i'm faced with. My only option that I had to work with was to find a job that offered healthcare to cover my diabetes. I have had diabetes for 20 years. I know what its like to sacrifice my own health to put food on the table for my kids. I have been there. It's not pretty. 

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

Uhh good thing your not running for president. Even Romney doesn't believe the entire PA program should be taken away. "if you have a pre existing condition find another job that offers benefits?" wow, do you really believe good jobs are just a dime a dozen out there? People are just happy to find a job to feed their families! They will worry about healthcare later, but when you are in dire need of a job a person will take ANYTHING. Beggars can't be choosers.

chaslee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:20 PM
2 moms liked this

FYI, if no one was in debt our economy would collapse.  And what about things like student loans, mortgages, etc?  I certainly could not have afforded to go to school without  loans, and I did not have $200,000 saved up to buy a house with cash.  Do you?  As for saving for my retirement... I put money into social security with every single pay check.  And have since I was 15 years old.  Should that now just be gone because it's not "the governments job to support me" when I retire?  I'm not saying I should ONLY rely on social security, but I have contributed to it for 25 years now on a regular basis, I think I am "entitled" to get some of it back.

Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Not every aspect of our lives, just our vaginas.

Quoting zeesmuse:

Well Democrats WON"T let us fix things on our own. THey'll tax us to death so they can fix it 'for us'... The American people are NOT children and we do NOT need to the government to  regulate every aspect of our lives.

Romney won hands down last night.  Totally.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Well, what she said is how a lot of Romney voters think...I'm just sayin'

Quoting peanut081981:

Now that's not fair. I'm voting for Romney and I think what she's said is ridiculous.

Quoting Arwyn724:

Arwyn724
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM

And I'd say it was more on the naive side.....

Quoting peanut081981:

Quoting Arwyn724:

MommyLeary
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I like the responses that I am getting from this post. I want to vote this year and hearing the different responses puts me in a better perspective on what the real issues are. Yes I agree that I am young and naive about things but I would rather hear it from others than going to vote with blind information.

Due9
by your-bff on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I agree and voting for Romney

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)