Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

This is the most terfying thing I have ever woken up to on my kitchen floor. Thank the gods for my kitty's killer instincts. If I had seen this thing moving, I probably would have run out of here in my jammies and never come back. It's freaking bigger than a quarter! Wtf, I didn't even know they grew that big here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Replies (21-30):
Alison_C
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM
That's the plan

Quoting bec94:

Eek! That's pretty big! Maybe get your house sprayed in case there are any others lurking about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alison_C
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this
I can't even bring myself to get rid of it. It's still on my kitchen floor. I put a glass over it in case it becomes a zombie spider.

Quoting DylansMommyXo:

I hate spiders!! They give me the willies!! :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krissy0506
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Is it a wolf spider? We have those in our basement...they migrate upstairs sometimes. I don't mind until they crawl across my leg when I'm sleeping. ECK!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DylansMommyXo
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Lol!! I wouldn't be able to pick it up either. Try sweeping it outside with a broom.

Quoting Alison_C:

I can't even bring myself to get rid of it. It's still on my kitchen floor. I put a glass over it in case it becomes a zombie spider.

Quoting DylansMommyXo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:04 AM
I've seen worse...times two...in the crack of my sliding door. Spray-foamed the damned thing shut! Maybe not the best reaction but they freaked me out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom24munchkins
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Haha!!! I HATE THOSE THINGS! We moved here (southern mo) and discovered them and I hate hate hate them. We had no idea what they were called so dd and ds (like 2 and 3 at the time) named them habeebs. Then we called them crazy jumping bugs, then they got to big for play names and googled them and we have to call them cave crickets now :( boo.

Quoting r_luvli:

Eek!

Cave crickets are worse :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Two words: vacuum cleaner. Many a garden spider has met its end at the hose of my Kirby.

Quoting Alison_C:

Quoting DylansMommyXo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alison_C
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM
I'm not sure. I've never seen one this size before. Gah, I don't think I could sleep in my bed anymore if a wolf spider crawled across my leg while I was sleeping in it. My last cat once brought me a mouse as a gift when I was in bed. The darn thing was still alive and ran right for me. I still get the heebie jeebie feeling in the middle of the night.

Quoting krissy0506:

Is it a wolf spider? We have those in our basement...they migrate upstairs sometimes. I don't mind until they crawl across my leg when I'm sleeping. ECK!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM
You should see the barn spiders we get here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom24munchkins
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM
We had one of those last week. I killed it and like a zillion baby spiders went everywhere. I almost needed depends :( haha.

Quoting krissy0506:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)