Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

8 year old and touching.

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM
  • 12 Replies

So my 8year old son decided that just because this girl was pretty he was going to grab her butt and touch her chest..now by this point i thought he had known better,but apparently not..i had a talk with him explaining why he cant, and what will happen if he does it again (as far as law).. his punishment is sentences at home, everything has been taken away for him to earn back.... but to be honest i dont think im being harsh enough because if it does happen again according to the school deputy he will be taken to a juvenile detention center. Any moms who would go a different route?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:35 AM
3 moms liked this

He's 8?

Yeah my first step would be to take a look at what he's learning from me and at home. At 8 for him  to even think about this says that he;s being exposed to things he shouldn't.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I would have brought him to her house and made him apologize to her. I would think seeing her mom and dad would scare the crap out of him. If you honestly think he didnt understrand I would not be punishing him. I would be having many many talks about keeping ones hand to themself. Make sure he understand that IF he touches anyone at school he will be taken to juvie.

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Yeah i'd take him to counseling for his actions, especially since this doesn't sound like it's the first time.. he needs to be evaluated by a professional.

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I don't suggest going to the girls house... as a parent of only girls, I'm not sure I could hold my temper against anyone who touched them in an inappropriate/sexual manner, and while your son is only 8 and because of that only I would try to restrain myself... there are a lot of parents who wouldn't give a shit that he's only 8!!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I would have brought him to her house and made him apologize to her. I would think seeing her mom and dad would scare the crap out of him. If you honestly think he didnt understrand I would not be punishing him. I would be having many many talks about keeping ones hand to themself. Make sure he understand that IF he touches anyone at school he will be taken to juvie.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Quoting jessi2girls:

I don't suggest going to the girls house... as a parent of only girls, I'm not sure I could hold my temper against anyone who touched them in an inappropriate/sexual manner, and while your son is only 8 and because of that only I would try to restrain myself... there are a lot of parents who wouldn't give a shit that he's only 8!!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I think anyone who touches another male or female in an inappropriate way needs to apologize. I would think the school or their DD has told them what has happened. I think an apology is owed. The best way to curb bad behavior is to have the child do a face to face in my opinion. Its harder to do and therefor more effective. I would hope most parents are not like those you describe.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

wildlilacs
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM
This. Plus have a serious talk w him about appropriate behavior. I wouldnt punish, unless his past behavior dictates so. All I ever needed to do was talk w my kids and they understood. Some kids need more incentives to comply.
I would make sure he apologized to the girl.

Quoting christina0607:

He's 8?

Yeah my first step would be to take a look at what he's learning from me and at home. At 8 for him  to even think about this says that he;s being exposed to things he shouldn't.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I agree with other post'ers that he needs to apologize.  But mostly I would have smacked that butt.

8 yrs old and grabbing ass????? Are you freaking kidding me?  Who taught him that?  I would be spazzing over where my 8 yr old learned such behaviour from.

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Where has he learned it from? Home? My ex always did boob and ass grabs in front of the kids. I told him to knock his crap off. Or he would be the dealing with it (like in your case)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I think anyone who touches another male or female in an inappropriate way needs to apologize. I would think the school or their DD has told them what has happened. I think an apology is owed. The best way to curb bad behavior is to have the child do a face to face in my opinion. Its harder to do and therefor more effective. I would hope most parents are not like those you describe.

Face to face may be more shameful to the boy, yes, but it's also far more dangerous.. An 8 year old, I could restrain myself enough for, but it would be easy..

a teenager or adult.. I wouldn't be able to.  I'm very protective of my little girls, and if it's an adult or teenager that groped them, I wouldn't be able to hold back from hurting them.  If they did more than grope, the front steps is as far as they'd make it before I likely killed them.

So, for the protection of the 8 year old, I highly discourage a face to face apology at their house.. if you want to insist on a face to face, at the very least do so in a safe environment.

christina0607
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I would be very upset if the oy came to my house too. Could you imagine the shame you would cause the 8yo girl.

It's just not appropriate.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Face to face may be more shameful to the boy, yes, but it's also far more dangerous.. An 8 year old, I could restrain myself enough for, but it would be easy..

a teenager or adult.. I wouldn't be able to.  I'm very protective of my little girls, and if it's an adult or teenager that groped them, I wouldn't be able to hold back from hurting them.  If they did more than grope, the front steps is as far as they'd make it before I likely killed them.

So, for the protection of the 8 year old, I highly discourage a face to face apology at their house.. if you want to insist on a face to face, at the very least do so in a safe environment.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)