Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is this a wolf spider?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM
  • 17 Replies

Eww Eww Eww, I don't like spiders at all! However, I was nice enough to catch this nasty thing outside on a bush in a container for my son. After some research I'm guessing this nasty hairy thing is a wolf spider?

Guess I will have to get some soil and a bigger container, water, bugs, etc....gag nasty spider in my house :(

(sorry crystal lite containers are not the clearest of things)

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PINKmyfavcolor
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I think so. Creepy!

Join us in the Pregnancy group

Arwyn724
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Yeah, it it.

Ethansmommy1987
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Yes, its a wolf spider.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmandaMichele
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Looks like one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
morisa32
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Yes !! i found one in my laundry room... i bleached it until its legs fell off.

petaveggielover
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:14 PM

check this guy out! He was chillin on my blanket a few weeks ago while we were fishing!

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM

OMFG

Quoting petaveggielover:

check this guy out! He was chillin on my blanket a few weeks ago while we were fishing!

CountryStrong84
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Sweet Jesus I just got the heebie geebies
petaveggielover
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I went home and read about them online and they aren't really too dangerous. They rarely bite people but some people can have allergic reactions but that's to most anything. They said the real dangerous ones are in south America but these ones we have here are good because they eat mainly mosquitoes. At least this is from what I remember. It also said they have like a million times better feel sense then anything else. I think he just really liked the feel of my fuzzy blanket. I screamed and flung him off and he just came right back and sat at the corner of my blanket again. He wasn't bothering nothing but my husband flung him in the water lol. He probably got ate by something. 

Quoting lanceandhailey:

OMFG

Quoting petaveggielover:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I don't have a problem with spiders (webs at night are an entirely different story) and will generally not kill them, but one morning, a spider signed his own death warrant when he ran across the floor and brushed against the sole of my bare foot!!! He died. NOT under my foot, but by a fly swatter ... but OMG I felt that the rest of the day!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)