Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

a little embarrassing but has anyone tried these?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM
  • 17 Replies

okay my neighbors just moved out of their house and they were extremely dirty people. now that they have moved even though we are clean, we got their bugs. has anyone ever tried the things you plug into the wall that are supposed to keep pests away? do they work? we have sprayed a few times now and it doesn't seem to be working at all. does anyone have any suggestions?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:17 PM

What kind of bugs?

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:17 PM

and those noise things are more for mice than bugs.

whowhat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM
They don't work. My parents bugs used to hang out under them to keep warm. There's a paste you can put on your wall that they'll eat. Or you can look up chemicals. Or hire an exterminator.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM
The type of bug will make a difference
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM

exterminator has been here twice and it doesnt seem to be doing anything

Quoting whowhat:

They don't work. My parents bugs used to hang out under them to keep warm. There's a paste you can put on your wall that they'll eat. Or you can look up chemicals. Or hire an exterminator.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Bombs...seriously.  Get the smoke bombs and do it twice.  The first ones get them down low (floorboards, corners, carpets), but the survivors will seek higher ground.  Set the second set higher up (counters and shelves) to get the ones on and in the ceiling and high air ducts if you have them.  Everything has to be cleaned when you're done, but you'll feel so much better.  That's the DIY.  You're other choice is to call in a professional.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

1990-mommyof4
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
If you have roaches use vinegar and spray everywhere, my mom use live in a dirty apartment complex and this is how she got rid of them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whowhat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Also plug your drains at night and make sure your doors are sealed well or you'll just keep getting them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM

No, those things don't work.  We tried them and all we found was bugs under then because they were warm.  We have an exterminator that comes to the complex and he put some dots of something that looks like peanut butter and some dry stuff under and around things.  I've seen 2 roached in 6 months.........it used to be so bad we were going to charge the roaches rent.  I couldn't put cookies on the counter to cool because I could turn away for 5 seconds, turn around and the cookies were covered...........they were that quick

mamabear0791
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM

We have had the same problems over the years - living next to a rental mobile home has been an experience!  We have had camel crickets (aka sprickets or spider crickets, silverfish, ants,spiders, and yes, the dreaded cockroach. We have used pest control companies, bug bombs (yuck), baits, sprays, and the last time we used Combat gel. I think we have them beat for now - at least for now. There are also some less-dangerous ones if you have pets or younguns who might eat it. For ants, we use Splenda or NutraSweet - just put it in an area where you see them frequently - they'll eat it, take it to their nest and starve to death. I hope you find something that works for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)