Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Okay my daughter is 6 months. Do you think she's old enough to try whole milk. I can't breastfeed & she is running out of formula.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Exactly.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

No, formula till they are one. How are you running out of formula? Go to the store and buy some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by I Ate The Rainbow on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM
No! Their little tummies can't handle cows milk under a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMommaJessie
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:56 PM

you can try it but the reason they are suppose to be on formula because it has all that iron and all that. if you are running low and cant afford formula there are churches and places that can get you formula.

bebe_ju-rah
by I Ate The Rainbow on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Also, do you have any baby cereal? You could mix it with the milk and maybe prolong her feedings bc she's more full until you get more. Oh and DO NOT water down the formula either...there was a news story recently where a woman accidentally killed her baby bc she was watering his formula down. Apparently too much water is very bad too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM

no hun. Its too dangerous. It could cause an allergic reaction. I would try anything and everything to get some formula. Ask neighbors to help, call churches, look up help lines online. Im sure there is someone that could help! Try to keep extra formula on hand for emergencies next time! hugs

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM

yes, they can drown.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Also, do you have any baby cereal? You could mix it with the milk and maybe prolong her feedings bc she's more full until you get more. Oh and DO NOT water down the formula either...there was a news story recently where a woman accidentally killed her baby bc she was watering his formula down. Apparently too much water is very bad too!

dark_xiii_angel
by Purple Ninja on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I agree with everyone else: no.  I don't even think cow's milk is good for us adults...that being said, there are plenty of people who were switched to whole cow's milk as young babies b/c their moms didn't breastfeed & formula was too costly or not available.  My mom was switched to cow's milk at 3 months.  My gramma has told me this a million times.  Don't water anything down...I say whole milk for a bottle or 2 is better than watered down formula.

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I also say she's old enough for mashed up bananas and other super soft foods.

whoopsie16
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM
this is what i was gonna say, and really?!?!!

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)