Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Okay my daughter is 6 months. Do you think she's old enough to try whole milk. I can't breastfeed & she is running out of formula.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Replies (21-23):
luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Ask a neighbor for a ride. Or have someone bring u some formula. Any friends or family in the area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Yeah, it was so sad!! She had no idea what she was doing to her baby (and I had never heard of it either). She was poor and couldn't afford to mix the formula correctly. Poor family! :*(

Quoting whoopsie16:

this is what i was gonna say, and really?!?!!

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Also, do you have any baby cereal? You could mix it with the milk and maybe prolong her feedings bc she's more full until you get more. Oh and DO NOT water down the formula either...there was a news story recently where a woman accidentally killed her baby bc she was watering his formula down. Apparently too much water is very bad too!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whoopsie16
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:17 PM
awwweeee thats so sad. im glad i bf or i probably would have done the same

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Yeah, it was so sad!! She had no idea what she was doing to her baby (and I had never heard of it either). She was poor and couldn't afford to mix the formula correctly. Poor family! :*(

Quoting whoopsie16:

this is what i was gonna say, and really?!?!!

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Also, do you have any baby cereal? You could mix it with the milk and maybe prolong her feedings bc she's more full until you get more. Oh and DO NOT water down the formula either...there was a news story recently where a woman accidentally killed her baby bc she was watering his formula down. Apparently too much water is very bad too!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)