Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Having a hard time?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM
  • 14 Replies
Looking for support from other moms and hopefully someone that can relate. I have a beautiful 5 month old daughter, a loving and supportive husband and a great job. But, sometimes it's hard to stay positive. Having a baby has been the most wonderful but also the most difficult thing I've ever done on so many levels. Still having a hard time coping with body changes in particular. There are so many times I feel like none of the other moms around me are experiencing what I am. Their bodies bounce right back, no stretch marks, no baby blues, they haven't lost a strand of hair, they have the miracle babies that come home and sleep through the night in the first few weeks, and the list goes on and on..... Can anyone relate??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gacgbaker
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I do know how you feel!  It's hard not to, but try not to compare your experience with other moms- I can garunetee you those moms that seem to have it all together, just plain don't- everyone has their struggles.  HUGS!!

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Awe. *hugs*

I can kind of relate. I have a 7m/o DD who wont sleep through the night STILL and I have to try really hard to stay positive because I know at times the lack of sleep really messes with me. My body did bounce back in terms of weight, but I have stretch marks, and my skin didn't really tighten around my belly till about 6 months. I try not to get down on myself too much about it though....it's not like I was going around flashing by belly everywhere anyway. It also took me a good 2 months (or more) to really bond with my daughter....I felt so bad about that. 

...I'm only 2 months further along than you so I can tell you this -  it does get better! From 5 months + your body and your baby change so much - for the better!

Take a break when you can Momma ...I know I need one soon =)

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Welcome and congrats on your new baby girl!

I can tell you those women who seem to have no problems and bounce right back after pregnancy are freaks of nature!  lol  Like you, I had hair loss, struggled with weight loss, some depression, skin problems, and of course I was tired all of the time.  You'll see, you're much more normal than you think!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Yes Everyone has their issues even if they dont outwardly show it.  The "perfect" ones tend to be secret smokers or secret drinkers so they can relieve stress.   DD did not sleep through the night until after 3 yrs old.

jakesmom323
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:59 AM
No sorry, my baby sleeps all night and I at 7 weeks lost all my weight and I'm back to weighing what I did when I was 19. Lol! Just joking! Don't you hate when you get replies like that! Yes, I totally feel your pain. It's not easy but it all shall pass;) this is my second son the weight is the hardest thing for me personally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LABELmeCUTE
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:12 AM
Congratsss on your little princess!!! I can relate,I had it together about 2 years ago, my life wasn't perfect but it was going smooth, then I had a miscarriage,6 months later my husband died in a car accident,2 days after he passed away I found out I was pregnant,I struggled a lot,I didn't know if I should keep the baby or not,then I ended up getting custody of my step daughter...a few months ago I got custody of my neice....my life did a major turn around and it was like I was just lost,everything was soo over whelming for me & I didn't even wanna talk to anyone I shut the whole world out of my life,just soo that I could adjust to a the changes.... It's hard Moma it really is but don't stress yourself out over it,everything will fall into place it just takes time (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearsfirst
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:18 AM

My daughter is 6 weeks old I know how you feel.

kagegirl
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Those kind off women are mutants!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyBigFam6
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:38 AM
I had my DD at 19. Before I was 155. I was 200-210 after. I just had my son two months ago. I'm 230 now. I feel fat and nasty I have soooooooo many stretch marks. I mean I pushed out a nine lbs kid I worried I was damaged.

I have a 2.5 yo DD and a 11 yo SS as well.I have four online courses. I study accounting. I have football three nights awesome for SS. And games on Friday or satursday. There's always people over wheather its brother n.sister in law (they are preteens) or grandama and little brother, the kids God parents, a random uncle, or just a friends. There's a lot of traffic so its hard to keep clean. Worse part I'm ocD and perfectionist. Even thought.my crammed and spelling do not reflect.

I know how u feel. To be driven nuts by kids ignoring rules BC ur not that much older. Tonight I my dh took SS to football game. It was just me the babies and my sister in law. We feel asleep and woke up when they got home. The babies were asleep in living room (this never happeneds I maintain a strict schedule.) Well I went to bed at 230... its now 430.... this is normal. Baby is back asleep I'm using the bathroom alone, this is the only time I can. Ill wake up again at seven. Coffee breakfast bottle two diapers dishwasher and trash letting out dog and feeding him. All before eight am everyday. During the week I have to get my SS ready to and out the door at 815. I now take the babies to the park in the morning at that time. Walking with my SS to school has been very nice. After park till 939 its clean study baby toodler movie dog clean baby study baby toodler. ALL DAY. I take two hours ago to work on something educational will my DD. And I sing learning songs to baby.

Yea seems great but sometimes I want to shower alone. I should with dh or DD for convience and time together... sometimes I want to shit with out interruption sometimes I want to not cook for an army I wanna make a Ham n cheese grab some chips and snack.on the couch. But I can't till kids are in bed. Sometimes I want a chick flick and a bottle of wine. Sometimes my hearts broken BC my DD wont listen or says she doesn't love her daddy (new thing idk where it came from or why) sometimes I want to beat my SS like a grown man BC he is at the stage of boy dumb or teenage retardation stage. Idk which is it but between ignorance rudeness attitude and lack of comprehension and stupidity this boy.can drive me to drink

Girl if all you have is one understand that you should wait for more. I wish we did but I'm so happy. I love holding all three of my kids. I love family.meal time
I love movie night or park time or traveling actually. Its suppose to drive you juts. But remember you carried.a baby you pushed it out. Raising it is easy BC you can set it down safely and walk away to relax... you could run when it kicked u in the lung
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathharp
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Awe. *hugs*

I can kind of relate. I have a 7m/o DD who wont sleep through the night STILL and I have to try really hard to stay positive because I know at times the lack of sleep really messes with me. My body did bounce back in terms of weight, but I have stretch marks, and my skin didn't really tighten around my belly till about 6 months. I try not to get down on myself too much about it though....it's not like I was going around flashing by belly everywhere anyway. It also took me a good 2 months (or more) to really bond with my daughter....I felt so bad about that. 

...I'm only 2 months further along than you so I can tell you this -  it does get better! From 5 months + your body and your baby change so much - for the better!

Take a break when you can Momma ...I know I need one soon =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)