Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What have you given up...

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 36 Replies
... as a direct result of the bad economy?

DH id in sales and people just are not buying. Gas is going up and I will be going back to work soon... So...

... We are selling our camper, got rid of dish, and just traded my pimp suburban on a more "practical" dodge journey. Its all good, but things are changing for sure. We are saving $500 a month so far and still have more expences to cut.

So what have you given up as a result of the bad economy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DayDreamer1201
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM
I had to move out of state... 75% of my stuff is still in colorado... I'm in wyoming... dh had to get a new job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Nothing..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KellBell0820
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Nothing, I didn't really have much to begin with though, no cable, my car's paid off .... I did have a very hard time finding a better paying job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinewife55
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:22 PM
I moved out of state...a lot of my stuff is still in storage in san diego till I get the money to get it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Sherry on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:24 PM

My house, my way of life, my savings account, my hopes and dreams for tomorrow. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Eating out.......that's about it so far, and I only shop for necessities right now.

NewMama28
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Eating out. I bought a new car though which is the main reason I'm really focusing on my budget.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Nothing due to the economy... We're on a little tighter budget because I decided to quit my job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

We eat out less.

We don't drive as much.  

We don't buy small things as much.  No impulse toys etc.

Its kind of weird but we've bought more large & high end items these past couple of years than ever.  But mostly that has to do with teenage boys and a younger sister determined to keep up with them.  For those purchases we shopped HARD and bargained for deals.

I'm NOT giving up my pimp suburban!!!  I did skip my yearly detail for it though : (

Oceana09
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:23 AM

We are living with my parents right now. My fiance is in Hawaii right now, serving in the army, and both myself and my parents have been stuggling, so myself and DD are with them, trying to help each other. I was barely surviving and they need help with their heating bill in the winter, so it seemed like a good trade.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN