Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I feel like I cant say no

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM
  • 31 Replies
The kid next door to me is 10 years old and although I hate to admit it, I find him rather annoying. He doesnt listen to his parents, has the cops called on him, has hit neighborhood animals, and threaten other children in the neighborhood. This morning he asked me for a ride to school this morning and it looked like no one at his house was home. I feel like that no matter how much I do not like this child I cant say no to giving him a ride to school if I am heading there to take my kids and have the room in my car. I am wondering if this may end up a daily thing. I cant say no, every kid needs an education right? Would it be wrong of me to say no? What would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Darlinge1211
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I'm not sure what I'd do. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oboe_chik
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM
i would be asking his parents why there isnt anyone to take hime to school...or call the school and see if he can be bused?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Of course I would take him. You're going there anyway.

It seems pretty spiteful to turn him away.

connie45
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Shouldn't his parents give consent to him riding in your car?  Any kind of arrangement , be it one day or ongoing - should be done via the parents.     If he behaves in your vehicle - then maybe you can continue if you wish.  He acts up - he's out of there. 

1likeme
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM
I would give him a ride but I would go over the rules first. If he broke any car rules he would be asked to get out of my car.
andersongirl562
O think it would be childish and petty to not give the kid a ride as long as he behaves himself while in your car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FoxFire363
I would do it, but make it clear it is a one time thing. If you have to, go talk to his parents and make sure they know it will not be a daily thing. Is there a bus he can ride?
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Me niether, I kind of feel terrible for.even thinking about saying no. My kids get out at 2:30 and he gets out at around 3:15. When I dropped him off he asked me if I could pick up after school. That one I had to say no for because I dont have the gas to make three trips to and from school. I feel bad for the kid and am thinking that taking him to school maybe a chance to bring something positive into his life. I just dont know if its my place or how to proceed.

Quoting Darlinge1211:

I'm not sure what I'd do. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM
It seems his parents dont care about much. I feel bad for the kid.

Quoting connie45:

Shouldn't his parents give consent to him riding in your car?  Any kind of arrangement , be it one day or ongoing - should be done via the parents.     If he behaves in your vehicle - then maybe you can continue if you wish.  He acts up - he's out of there. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM
I feel it would be wrong of me to say no. Almost like no matter what I think how can I keep him from his education or make him walk in the cold all because I said no. I dont think I could say no to be honest I just dont know how to proceed.if.this becomes an everyday thing. Kwim?

Quoting christina0607:

Of course I would take him. You're going there anyway.

It seems pretty spiteful to turn him away.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)