Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Could Use Some Words of Encouragment :(

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:30 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hi Ladies,

I'm having a rough day and part of my rough day is due to all of the changes going on in our life lately. To keep this short here is what has happened in the past 4 months:

• Moved from a beautiful (albeit expensive) home of 1500 sq ft to a little home that is barely 800 sq ft.
  • Went from working a great job with benefits (it was at a university and they didn't have the grant money to keep me) to working as a daycare teacher for a little more than minimum wage and picking up hours cleaning at dd's montessori school.
  • Went from TTC to no longer TTC. =(

I'm just really frustrated with where we are in our life right now (fyi: my family is my SO, DD, and myself). I recently graduated college with 2 bachelor degrees and I didn't think the job market would be this hard. =( I'm dying to have more children and we were trying for 6 months until we stopped trying in July when we realized that financially it wasn't the best idea. Working at a daycare doesn't help my baby fever either. It is upsetting to me to see all of the pregnant mothers who drop their older toddlers off at the center. I simply cannot be happy for them. It just tugs at my heartstrings and I don't want to have to wait years to have more children.

Sigh.

I know I have a lot of good things going on in my life though.  I'm not depressed or anything. I just wish we were better off financially. I'm back in college working on an online post-baccalaureate and if I get into grad school next year I will graduate in 2016 with good job outlook.

I just see successful, beautiful families all the time now it seems and I am feeling very insecure about my job, appearance, and finances. To top it all off our car broke down last weekend too. Bleh.

Can someone just tell me things will get better? Anyone else feeling like this lately?

LOL. Thanks =P

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Hugs.
It will get better!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:34 PM

At least you're keeping a level head and realizing that while you're not exactly where you want to be, you're working towards it and you're grateful for what you do have. THAT is awesome!  I'm sorry you and your family have hit a rough patch and hopefully things smooth out and get better soon!

xLilBit22
by La Melodia on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Everything will work out hun
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples04
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Quoting kayandjsmom:

Hugs.

It will get better!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
je412
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Hang in there. Things will get better. You have to go down sometimes in life. You will bounce back up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GaleJ
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Please don't think of your family as less successful. You are building a foundation for the future, that takes time but will yield results. As to having more children, while I understand that you may want a baby, families come in all sizes and many of us love our families of three. Babies are so compelling but they grow up so quick and before you know it they aren't babies anymore so you're right back where you started. Try to find a bit of contentment where you are and enjoy the present while you look forward to what the future brings.

DutchMama2010
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:56 PM
That's right! And just think, when you bouce back it will to an even higher place than you were before :D

Quoting je412:

Hang in there. Things will get better. You have to go down sometimes in life. You will bounce back up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connie45
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:03 PM
No one can ever take your education away from you.

And when you do have another baby, you will look at that beautiful face and say to youself, "now I know why we had to wait. We were waiting for you."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Thank you, Ladies!

Wow, your comments really have made me feel better! I haven't been able to vent to anyone since my good friends graduated and moved away. I honestly do feel better thanks to YOU.

Deep breath... I can be patient.. I can be patient...

rockabillybetty
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Everything will be ok times may be hrd right now but its all working towards something greater! Better jobs finances and before you kno you'll be expecting again :)) keep your head up just like you have been and you will get to when ur supposed to be and wana be
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)