Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Best tampon to swim with? (Tmi)

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:53 PM
  • 12 Replies
Going on vacation next week and of course Aunt Flo is due to visit....so uh what's a good good tampon to swim with? Is it even possible? I remember using tampons while swimming as a teen but that was before my kiddos big heads entered this world. I would just hate to...ya know...leak while swimming, but I'd also hate to have to sit on the side lines our whole vacation!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondie.mom
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I just use cheapies, usually tampax (the normal, not pearl or sport or whatever) and they never leak or give me issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:06 AM
I've heard the water pressure stops the bleeding. I never use anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aichia
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I use playtex (sp?) Sport or kotex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyLittlePwny
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:09 AM
I use U by Kotex but have used several different brands over the users and I never had an issue with swimming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommiE8983
by McLovin on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Diva cup!!!! It will change your life!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ididntdoit111
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I use Platex Pearls. Never a leakage issue while swimming. Actually I never have had any issues with tampons leaking while swimming. No...not true. I don't like the ones Kotex makes. They seem to be shaped oddly.

MissLeanna
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM
I don't bleed while swimming lol. But your tampon you normally use works:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLeanna
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Thought I was the only one who thought that with those.

Quoting ididntdoit111:

I use Platex Pearls. Never a leakage issue while swimming. Actually I never have had any issues with tampons leaking while swimming. No...not true. I don't like the ones Kotex makes. They seem to be shaped oddly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CatherineNewton
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I can say I love tampons and have never had  a problem with them while swimming. Maybe you need to change them more idk. But I love U by kotex. For me they work the best I use the super plus ones. truthfully because they hold more and I feel like I have to change a regular one of any brand every ten mins. 

ididntdoit111
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Quoting MissLeanna:

Thought I was the only one who thought that with those.

Quoting ididntdoit111:

I don't know what it is but they are just...weird. Short and rounded, kinda flowery at the top. Whatever it is, they suck. Or don't suck...up the gloop!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)