Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Question about twin pregnancy!

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM
  • 15 Replies

I just found out I'm pregnant.  About a week before I found out, I was hungry....all the time.  I've had 3 children and never ate more than usual.  I will eat a full meal, and then be nausous like I haven't eaten in days.  It's ridiculous!  I am also much more fatigued than I was with the other 3, but I know you can't compare.  I just have this feeling that I'm eating for 3.  I am only 5 weeks, and honestly don't want twins, but I'd be just as happy to have two babies...but that's not what i'm hoping for.  I'm not imagining these symptons because i want twins.  Just curious if anyone just "knew" they were having twins before they found out or what symptoms you had that differed from single pregnancies.  Also, with my previous pregnancies, i had gallbladder issues towards the end, but i'm having them already.  Doc says I have gallbladder disease, and gallstones...im sure from eating more than i normally eat

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessicaNelson21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:54 AM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:09 AM

No clue.  I am sure the gallbladder issues are compacting pregnancy roller coaster.

turtle07
by Rhiannon on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelleVernonGirl
by Leslie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I had twins but it was my only preg so I have nothing to compare it to.  I was only 18 when I got preg and in complete denial so I waited till I was 5 months before I went to the doc.  By then they were moving and knew I was having twins or it was a hugh baby!!  Every pregnancy is diff.  Do twins run in your family?

oneplustwins44
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I never had an increase in appetite.

I actually had a hard time eating at all. 

LaughingTattoo
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Im in the same boat to a tee lol. I will find out at my US next week. Im 10 weeks

happy2bmom25
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:39 AM
My third pregnancy was twins. We didnt suspect.anything until.5 months along when I had a huge uterine growth spurt, with an excess of amniotic fluid. A few weks later we heard two distinct heartbeats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessicaNelson21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:33 AM

No, twins do not run in my family.  THanks for the replies!  I dont know what I would do with two babies! lol  I've just never been SO hungry.  lol

MamaCeleste0722
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:12 PM

There aren't really hard and fast twin pregnancy symptoms. I had no clue that I was having twins! I didn't have any symptoms that made me even remotely think that I was having twins.

If you were to have twins, you'd be fine! You wouldn't have much of a choice LOL I won't lie, it was rough, but I got through it.  Good luck either way! 

touchingstars
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I was not hungry, walking exhausted me, I was miserable but wish I could experience it.again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)