Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My daughter will be 4 months Monday. She has a lil cold that caused her to have a fever of 101.3 Thursday evening (took her to the ER they gave her tylenol and did the super suction for her congestion). Ever since about 3 am she's had this hacking cough. Sometimes she'll cough so hard she vomits about 1-2 ounces of liquid (she's breastfed). She's eating fine and she isn't fussy or even unhappy. She's barely cried and she still wants to play and is super smiley. I'm just on the fence about taking her into either the Urgent Care or the ER. I'm just not sure if she should be taken in at all. Please give me some advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Replies (11-15):
boredSAHM
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I would take her in to urgent care just instead

boredSAHM
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM

good luck :)

Miss_MikLain
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:36 AM
As of right now she has no temp.

Quoting jessimicuh:

I'd take her in..A temp for a baby that young isn't good, and a hacking cough doesn't sound too good. :( Good luck mama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss_MikLain
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Thanks ladies!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't go to urgent care.  She seems fine in between?  nope.  and expose her to strep and what all else without cause?

I'd take a hot shower with her, lay her across my lap and pat her back with a cupped hand over her lungs to help loosen congestion and call her ped first thing monday morning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)