Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any hair dressers? Or just someone good with hair?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am looking for ideas on a new cut. I have long hair with some layers in the front. It's mainly one length.
I want an idea on a cut style that is good with the shape of my face.
Does that make sense?
Anyone want to give me suggestions??
=)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sherriewlk
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:11 PM
I should add that I really prefer to not get rid of the long length of my hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marabie
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I have a similar face shape and I would totally do this when I had extensions in my hair looked liek this and my face shape is similar to yours. I wouldn't do the full bang just the side swept

sherriewlk
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM
I do love this. But my hair is pretty thin. Not super thin, but definitely doesn't have much volume.

Quoting marabie:

I have a similar face shape and I would totally do this when I had extensions in my hair looked liek this and my face shape is similar to yours. I wouldn't do the full bang just the side swept

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caitipenn
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:30 PM
I used the exact picture for my hair cut like a lil over a month only think i didnt do was do the shirt part of the bangs n i loce my hair cut

Quoting marabie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marabie
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:42 PM

My hair is thick but very fine but if I don't add product it doesn't have volume at all. I turn my head upside down when it's 3/4 way dry and let it dry the rest of way and then backcomb the top portion. I color my hair alot though so it's pretty damaged which is perfect for creating volume the hair holds way better imo i can't do anything if my hair is healthy haha. The layers add in volume to fine hair but it's tricky finding a stylist that will do that with long hair. I use aveda phomoliant (sp?) and it is amazing for adding volume.

sherriewlk
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Thanks. I will try this.
Hopefully it works. If I use a curling iron and put a bunch of curls in my hair, it is back flat within an hour. My hair sucks lol

Quoting marabie:

My hair is thick but very fine but if I don't add product it doesn't have volume at all. I turn my head upside down when it's 3/4 way dry and let it dry the rest of way and then backcomb the top portion. I color my hair alot though so it's pretty damaged which is perfect for creating volume the hair holds way better imo i can't do anything if my hair is healthy haha. The layers add in volume to fine hair but it's tricky finding a stylist that will do that with long hair. I use aveda phomoliant (sp?) and it is amazing for adding volume.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marabie
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM

shaper plus is an amazing hair spray it lasts forever and keeps hold even in high humidity and tigi reborn is good too but is super expensive. Shaper is cheap and works real good it's a sebastian product  you can get at regis or tradesecret or ulta. If you spray the hair lightly before curling it and after each curl that will also help the curl stay and using a lighter conditioner so your hair is dry and not curling freshly washed hair are all tricks for getting the curl to stay.

Quoting sherriewlk:

Thanks. I will try this.
Hopefully it works. If I use a curling iron and put a bunch of curls in my hair, it is back flat within an hour. My hair sucks lol

Quoting marabie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN