Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you turned on your heater yet?

Posted by   + Show Post

We are in Northern Utah and is getting really chilly at nights now.  I am really trying hard not to turn mine on. I hate paying the high heating bill.  Burrrrrrrrrrrr...

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Replies (71-80):
daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM

WE are in south east Idaho, so we are getting the same cold front as you.  My FIL is replacing the oil heater with a oil and wood stove... he had to leave for work for two weeks and has not finished installing the new system.... so no, we do not have heat right now.. but even will it being in the 20's at night, the house is still very warm so we are all good right now.  On top of all that, we have only got two cords of wood, still have 7 to go. 

nverheyn2011
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

it's not my heater, but i wish they'd turn it on! it's freezing!

Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Not the actual heaters, but we have fired up our wood stove once already. It's our main source of heat because it's free for us.

Danita42
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM
No its still 80 to 90 degrees out!
mommajenn4684
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Nope. I'm in PA and just turned off the a.c. yesterday.
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I might break down and turn it on tonight...it got down into the 30's last night (we were under a freeze warning) and it was pretty damn chilly in here. Tonight is supposed to be the same or colder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bertha21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Me too, I am in Colorado

Quoting momatippie:

I just checked it is 35 degrees outside. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Right now its upper 40's, lower 50's, outside, inside its about 65-70, it gets colder at night, but we haven't turned it on yet, We wait until its low 50's inside during the day and above 45 at night, we have enough blankets that we can stay toasty warm at night and the kids rooms are upstairs, heat rises so its warmer up there, and we just bundle up during the day. We only have heaters in a couple rooms, so the heat bill is always pretty low luckily, the downstairs is heated with a woodstove. We fired up the woodstove last night for a few hours, we live in upstate NY.

sherry132
by Sherry on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

We did today. LOL, dad's not gonna be happy with my mom. LOL. 

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Sure have but not very high.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)