Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

wow, teenage boys

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

i mean you hear about teenage boys eating you out of house and home. i guess it's true. had cake and ice cream last night for my daughter and our teenage nephew ate 3 pieces of cake and 2 helpings of ice cream.

his mom just laughed and said he goes through spurts. sometimes he won't have anything or very little and then sometimes it's like he doesn't stop eating.

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Aspiemom0203
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:40 AM
So true. I cook large portions for my teen boys than my Adult husband. I always have to cook 2 portions of meat for them. Like 2 chicken breasts ect. And they go back for seconds on sides everytime.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ktina11
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I have three young boys that already eat tons of food and complain all the time that they are hungry. I am scared of what their teenage years will be like. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillyann0317
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I know they say that you shouldnt eat after like 7pm, but does that go for teenage boys with ADHD? He's constantly starving it seems like! We eat dinner around 630 or 7 & 2 hours later when he's supposed to be getting ready for bed he's searching the cabinets & fridge for food saying he's so hungry he can't sleep. He drinks tons of water, I refuse to keep soda or juice in the house. I know they say that most of the time when you're hungry that you're really just thirsty, but he drinks like a camel too. I feel like me & the hubby need 2nd jobs just to feed our 2 teenage boys. I've had to stop buying large amounts of food at a time. I used to go spend like $500 at the beginning of the month & then just buy fresh fruits, veggies, & meat throughout as needed but I found when we do that all the food is gone in that first week. They constantly eat as if they're never going to eat again, & the more is available to more they'll eat. It's crazy!!

Mommy_Jenx3
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM
I have 2 boys (6 and 10) and they go through spurts and it's crazy how much they can eat.
Merricksmom1
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM
My son is almost 7 and he eats a TON! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy2bemom0f2
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:21 PM

LOL I have two teenage boys, well one teenage one technically and one pre-teen until Jan then both will be teens, however I can't keep enough food in the house.  Take corn dogs for example - one son can eat 5 at one sitting and then come back in an hour an eat a sandwich.  I tell you our grocery bill is outrageous for one month.  We do our budget every month and what we have to plan on groceries is crazy.  When they have a growth spurt they can even eat more.  I am glad to see other parents have the same issue - LOL!  I remember my brothers eating a lot growing up but boy oh boy not this much!

pasteeater
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I have a fourteen yr old.  Yes they can eat nonstop!  What I do is when I cook dinner, I cook extra and freeze it in snack size bowls.  Then whenever he's hungry he can get whatever he wants.  Also I bake a few times a week so he has stuff like that too.  He's very busy with school so sometimes we don't even eat dinner until late.  That way he's not super hungry.

CDMelty
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM

My daughter is 14 and it's the same way with her. She's very thin but she can EAT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)