Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SMDH - Men!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:32 PM
  • 7 Replies

Every day off I get I try to go hiking.  Helps me stay fit, exercises the dogs, etc. 

I usually take my 3 kids and usually a couple of their friends.  Its no marathon and I don't need a pat on the back.  Its fun & I enjoy it.

Every time we go, we ask hubby to go.  Never happens.  Today he decided he wanted to go.  We don't have any kids this weekend.  They're all at sleepovers.  So he gets it easy.  We take the 3 big dogs.

Thats where shit goes wrong.  The dogs do what they have NEVER done before.  The minute we hit the trailhead, all 3 take off.  He's busy so I go jogging after the puppy who thinks this is great fun.  He knows where to go and he's gonna show mama he can get there first.  I finally manage to grab him and wrestle a harness on him.  The other two have shown up.  No leashes.  Geezus.  I start leading the puppy back because hubby has never been here and we're off the trail.  I call the big dogs, they always fall in line and we're headed back to the truck.

I get 2/3 of the way back.  No adult dogs.  WTF?  Oh well, they know where we go.  We'll catch up to them.

I meet hubby and we turn back.  Hit the river and hike about a half a mile, calling the dogs the whole time.  NOTHING.  This NEVER happens.  They never leave my side.  Especially MY dog.  After a half mile hike upstream we turn back - this is harder than it sounds because there is no trail, we're in the creek (they call it a river here) slogging through mud. 

I tell hubby to continue on in the river and I'll head back to the truck to see they went back.

So now I've hiked back to the truck three times right?  UGH.  I find them and head back to the river.  Hubby is nearly to the truck.  I convince him this can still be a nice trip, lets go again.

So for the third time we're headed to the river.  Well for me.  We have a great time slogging around with the dogs.  We catch scads of crawfish for the mudturtle at home.  Then we hike back to the truck.

Load the dogs, unload the packs, grab cold drinks and he says "where are the leashes?"  Oh what the fraggin frack frackity frack?  Great.  he'll go back to the river, he took them off, he'll remember where he left them.

I manage to read 3 or 4 chapters in my book and I start to worry that maybe he broke a leg.  So I leave the truck running, grab my extra set of keys, leave the three snoring dogs in it (AC is on) lock up and head out.  He can't find the leashes.  I give him some pointers and he finds them.  Great I'm headed back.

I get back to the truck, hubby is no where in sight.  Great googly mooglies.  Oh well, I'm just sitting down and waiting for him.  he shows up.  He's talking about mowing the lawn, doing this, doing that, blah blah blah.

guess who is sacked out on the couch right now?  ::: sigh :::

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jynkx
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM

im worn out reading that.......

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Lmao me too at least after all of that everyone is home lol a

Quoting jynkx:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMandaz
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Me too...

Quoting jynkx:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMandaz
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:46 PM
I don't think I would ask him to go with kids... Dogs have a sense of smell... Kids on the other hand lol...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:53 PM

oh no, lol I wouldn't let him take all the kids alone!!  hahahaha.  he's ok with one or the two oldest but you throw in the baby girl and he loses his mind.  ( baby girl is about to turn 10 )

I don't care that he doesn't want to do anything.  LOL I care because he fell asleep with the remote in his hand and I hurt to much to get up and get  it.  Jerk.

Quoting MissMandaz:

I don't think I would ask him to go with kids... Dogs have a sense of smell... Kids on the other hand lol...

MissMandaz
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM
He couldn't have even handed you the remote first... Smh

Quoting grey7399:

oh no, lol I wouldn't let him take all the kids alone!!  hahahaha.  he's ok with one or the two oldest but you throw in the baby girl and he loses his mind.  ( baby girl is about to turn 10 )

I don't care that he doesn't want to do anything.  LOL I care because he fell asleep with the remote in his hand and I hurt to much to get up and get  it.  Jerk.

Quoting MissMandaz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Nope he couldn't.  And the asshat has all three remotes because his precious football is on.

Quoting MissMandaz:

He couldn't have even handed you the remote first... Smh

Quoting grey7399:

oh no, lol I wouldn't let him take all the kids  alone!!  hahahaha.  he's ok with one or the two oldest but you throw in the baby girl and he loses his mind.  ( baby girl is about to turn 10 )

Quoting MissMandaz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN