Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Prices are outrageous

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM
  • 57 Replies
I just browsed for Christmas shopping today and prices are freaking up there. I'm only spending around 200.00 at that rate she will barely get anything. I'm not raising my price range either that's what I always spend plus I'm giving her my basically brand new laptop. It's just sad that for 200.00 bucks a 4 year old can barely get anything. At 30-40 plus an item it adds up. Anyone else noticing this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:37 PM

check out kmart.   I was there last wk and got a bunch of clearance priced toys for 50% off.  I spent 130 and got my 3 yr old done, my 4 and 6 yr olds almost done, my neice done, daycare kids done and 1 gift for dh for 123.  I saved almost 300.

RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:38 PM

and yes, ive noticed the price of everything going up!

Justine1123
by Justine on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM
I haven't been to Kmart in months but actually went there today and didn't see any clearance toys :(

Quoting RosePetalTears:

check out kmart.   I was there last wk and got a bunch of clearance priced toys for 50% off.  I spent 130 and got my 3 yr old done, my 4 and 6 yr olds almost done, my neice done, daycare kids done and 1 gift for dh for 123.  I saved almost 300.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Huh? We go small at Christmas. I haven't noticed any big price increases.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I wish I had that much. =( By the time I buy the stuff for their stockings, their santa gift, and the supplies to make their other gift I will be spending about $50 per child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM
TrU usually has a lot of BOGO 50% off around this time of year.

Last year K-Mart had a bunch of BOGO free, we utilized that for toy drive donations, I hope they have it again this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Don't know what a trU is I don't think we have that.

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

TrU usually has a lot of BOGO 50% off around this time of year.

Last year K-Mart had a bunch of BOGO free, we utilized that for toy drive donations, I hope they have it again this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:42 PM
I haven't even looked. I have a general idea as to the cost of what I want to get so its not going to be a surprise.
Justine1123
by Justine on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:42 PM
I've been saving for awhile for the 200.00 but that's what my mom always spent on each of us so I try to do that same. I just hope I can find some good toys at cheap prices but I'm clueless on what to get her.

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

I wish I had that much. =( By the time I buy the stuff for their stockings, their santa gift, and the supplies to make their other gift I will be spending about $50 per child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ang9403
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Yes things are crazy expensive. I got my oldest sson 4 things an my daughter one an i'm already up to 350. I'm not even done with it yet plus I have my youngest to buy for. Its going to be rough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)