Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

health

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM
  • 7 Replies

well I have been going through a lot this past year with stomach problems and being sick all of the time.  I am always sore and been running a low grade temp so my doc finally decided to test me for fibromyalgia.  Got a call and they wanted to do a new test for rheumatoid athritis also.  Found out a few days later I have RA.  So I am dealing, it helps a lot with what I have been going through.  I am only 30 so that was a hard hit.  I can't get my husband to stop complaining about me everyday, he even does it in front of the kids which it hurts.  I say I have a headache he says oh you are the headache, or I tell him I am not feeling good he says you never feel good, or I say I am not in a good mood cause I am in pain his words are you are never in a good mood name one time when you are.  He is always saying mean things everyday about trading me in to find someone healthier and younger.  He never has anything nice to say to me and I tell him that and he makes a joke about it like I just told you I loved you a few days ago.  I don't want to keep suffering and making him suffer to.  I am hurting a lot and I can't get him to understand that.  When I am laying there not feeling good he still asks me to get up and get him something to eat or drink.  I just feel as if he doesn't care.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Has he always played down your pain?  I do not have RA and if i am sick, my guy steps right in and makes sure dd gets to where she needs to be w/o complaint.   I would hit yours with a cast iron skillet to see if that knocks sense into him.

1likeme
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Stress will make your condition worse. Why would your husband inflict pain on you? Sorry sounds like he needs to shape up or GTFO. Bad mouthing you to your children is a deal breaker.
3lilmonsters88
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM
My mom.has RA and stress makes it 100 times worse. I'm sorry you are dealing with a douche canoe of a husband. Have you thought about humors(sp) shots? They've done wonders for my mom. She was diagnosed at 31 and she deteriorated for years until she got on these shots and let me tell you it's like she's young again. Good luck hun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:13 AM
Tell him you are going to trade him in for a channing tatum(or other hot guy of choice) who isn't such a douche nozzle to the woman who he supposedly loves.

mk, maybe not, because that would be immature. but in all seriousness, he is being a douche. your vows said in sickness and in health. he needs to pick up some empathy from the store while he is out doing grocery shopping for you so that you can rest. there us no excuse for the way he is treating you and i think you should tell him flat out that it stops now. or else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

BUMP!

angelmommy1982
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:13 AM

I have told him to stop and he just ignores me but I can't say things to him cause he gets mad and cusses at me.  a few weeks ago he blew up and started calling me all kinds of names he had a bad headache so he was yelling at everyone.  Ok well he went to our room and I asked y he was like that and told me to stfu b***!  never has he ever said anything like that to me.  I told his sisters what he did and they were surprised I said he is a different person around yall.  His bp spiked so thats what he sister assumed made him do that.  Which he has had it spike before and never acted like that.  I just don't have anyone around to vent to. 

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:17 AM

What a freaking meanie. He should be glad he's not in your shoes, he doesn't have to live in pain every day. Talking you down all the time instead of supporting you is so immature. He should be glad it's not Fibromyalgia. My BFF has it and there a days, where she can't do nothing at all, except being curled up into a ball in fetal position.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)