Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Classy, or Tacky?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:01 AM
  • 26 Replies
Blue jean Leggings.

I am a size 4/6, have two school age kiddos, just turned 30. I am usually in leggings and a skirt or dress, a long flowy dress, or leggings and a long sweater. I have a few tops that arent quite long enough to pass off as a dress but I love them and theu dont look right with regular jeans, so I thought maybe jean leggings. Am I too old for these and do they look tacky? I bought some for dd last night and they look absolutely adorable on her, but as far as mommy wear..... I dunno lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Not ok.

christina0607
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Jeggings?

My 12yo wears those, you can find a wonderful variety at stores like Justice and Aeropostale. I don't know how many adults shop in those stores. That might be a clue.

However I guess if classy o tacky were m only options I wouldn't go with either.

KMAsMommy9182
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I have seen it done with boots and a sweater and look cute.  Depends on the person I think.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Tacky, even for little girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Thats what I am thinking.... I guess its the same principle as skinny jeans, I just have such an aweful time finding any kind of jeans that fit lol maybe I should just try to find skinny jeans that compliment me.... These leggings though look just like jeans, with pockets and stiching and rivets.

Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

I have seen it done with boots and a sweater and look cute.  Depends on the person I think.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Even when they look like regular jeans? With pockets and stitching?

Quoting lapcounter:

Tacky, even for little girls.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Depends on the outfit. I'm not a fan of them but sometimes they can be pulled off.

MamaPeanut
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Noooooo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KMAsMommy9182
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Yeah, my dd has a pair from Osh Kosh that look just like real jeans....you really cannot tell the difference.  I love that she is able to move around in them easier and get them off by herself.  I have a pair that are very similar that I wore when I was a little lighter and whenever I told people they were jeggings, they were shocked...they thought they were just good skinny jeans.

Quoting eesmommy:

Thats what I am thinking.... I guess its the same principle as skinny jeans, I just have such an aweful time finding any kind of jeans that fit lol maybe I should just try to find skinny jeans that compliment me.... These leggings though look just like jeans, with pockets and stiching and rivets.

Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

specialwingz
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:31 AM

To me it just looks like someone is trying to pass off tights for pants.  Why has our society started to think clothes that look painted on are cute?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN