Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I cant believe it, is only 9 am. what else can go wrong?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM
  • 70 Replies

kids school starts at 8:30am and we are normally out of the house by 7:50. well this morning we woke up late, nobody woke up until 8:20am. I got my two dressed and gave them each a cinnamon roll for breakfast and we got in the jeep. MY JEEP WONT START!!!!! ugh I had to wake my husband up on his only morning off to take the kids to shool. I was planning on letting him sleep in because he has to be at work at midnight tonight. I wonder what else is in store for today?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Your kids had school today? And why did he have to take them couldn't you take his vehicle?

And sorry such a crappy start I swear its a Monday thing.

Edit. Sorry never realized schools ignored federal holidays. And people keep saying stuff is open today. Stuff is open everday even thanksgiving, Christmas and news years too, but schools aren't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM
His truck.is too big for me to drive. Whats today that would make it a no school day?
Now he is all cranky working on my jeep. Makes feel worse for having to wake him up. :-(

Quoting StoneColdKiller:

Your kids had school today? And why did he have to take them couldn't you take his vehicle?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy425906
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM

My DD was up every 1 1/2 hrs last night, not sure why. Then awake at 7am ... I'm barely functioning I'm so tired! Then come to discover, we have NO coffee in the house. Ugh!! Waiting for my son to wake up & then we are making emergency trip to SBUX! Boo for Columbus Day so far! (my hubby had to work)

goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Looks like we are both having a bad day. My youngest (not in school) kept waking up last night also. He kept coming to my room crying saying he doesnt want to he alone. I sat next to bed telling him that he is not alone his brother is in the same room as him, his sister is in the next room and mommy and daddy were just down the hall. Then I stayed until he fell back asleep. Hope your day gets better

Quoting mommy425906:

My DD was up every 1 1/2 hrs last night, not sure why. Then awake at 7am ... I'm barely functioning I'm so tired! Then come to discover, we have NO coffee in the house. Ugh!! Waiting for my son to wake up & then we are making emergency trip to SBUX! Boo for Columbus Day so far! (my hubby had to work)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie.mom
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM
We had a long night with our youngest. He's getting sick (as am I), so he woke up every half hour or so. Thank goodness my kids don't have school today! Sucks banks are closed though, I was supposed to have money deposited in my account. It might still, I'm just assuming it won't. Oh lol and Dh dyed my hair last night, aaand it is meeeesssed up. He is on duty the next 2 days so I get to try and fix it alone :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM
I understand that. Hope you get your vehicle working though.

And it's Columbus Day, federal holiday no school.

I totally assumed you are in the US so if your not then that's why.

Quoting goodnightmama:

His truck.is too big for me to drive. Whats today that would make it a no school day?

Now he is all cranky working on my jeep. Makes feel worse for having to wake him up. :-(

Quoting StoneColdKiller:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
makelineerror
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Quoting StoneColdKiller:

Schools aren't necessarily closed for Columbus Day. I think it's a state by state decision. It may even be up to each county or district.
rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Exactly, my girls are in school today. We are in Texas.

Quoting makelineerror:

Quoting StoneColdKiller:

Schools aren't necessarily closed for Columbus Day. I think it's a state by state decision. It may even be up to each county or district.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nancym3
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Yeah, my dd's have school. However the next town over doesn't have school. Just depends on the school district.

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Exactly, my girls are in school today. We are in Texas.

Quoting makelineerror:

Quoting StoneColdKiller:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Well, by nine am today, my husband nd i had a fight big enough that it resulted in a broken oor frame, a screaming baby and him telling me that he is leaving.

So, id say your day could be far worse.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN