Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Calling all Kohl Employees!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

Do you like working there? I waiting on the call to see if I got the job or not. Ive talked to few people that have worked there and didn't like it at all. They told me you are pressured to sign people up for the Kohls card and if you don't you can get wrote up. Just curious!

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oooomelissaoooo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:27 PM

i dont work there nor have i ever. but at my Kohls, theres a lady that walks around and pesters the crap out of you to get a card. luckily i have one and they leave me alone once i say that.

lisairv
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM
My dd was a cashier there. You have to ask customers here three times if they want a card even if they say no. You will get wrote up if you don't. I can see if someone says no the first time you could explain the benefits and say are you sure but three times minimum is ridiculous!
Losing
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM

So its true! Lol. Im just not the type of person to aggravate someone like that! I have a interview with wal mart tomorrow. I just might go with them. Idk, its confusing. I dont know what postion Id get at Kohls if I were to get it... The manager said we would all have to cashier at some point.

WendyJR
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM
I worked there. Didn't have a min amount of times to ask about getting the cc. But you do get bonuses if ppl sign up for one from you. I liked it for the most part. I got sick of how messy people were real quick. The dressing rooms were awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:44 PM
When I worked at a different store we were told the same thing. Offer the card, if no state a benefit (ex: being able to pay off balance at service desk right away), if no again tell them they could save 5% off their purchase today. I quit that job after two days so luckily I never got to put that to action. lol If the discount is good I'd try it out, walmart is almost always hiring you could try again there later if you don't like Kohls. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyDayz
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I worked there back in 08' It wasn't bad, I wasn't really pressured to sign ppl up for Kohls cards. But I was told we should always keep a smile on our face. I actually miss working there.

Losing
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM

BUMP!

happy2bmom25
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I never get bothered by people asking me to sign up. I just say no thank you. If they ask again I say thanks, but no. I dont think anyone has ever asked me.3 times! I think the discount there, and dibbs on the clearance rack would be awesome! You just cant take irritated customers personally!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Losing
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM

BUMP!

SandraJo
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Omg, 3 times? No wonder they pester me! I shall keep that in mind so I don't get annoyed next time.

Quoting lisairv:

My dd was a cashier there. You have to ask customers here three times if they want a card even if they say no. You will get wrote up if you don't. I can see if someone says no the first time you could explain the benefits and say are you sure but three times minimum is ridiculous!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)