Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

MRSA!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM
  • 12 Replies
what was your child prescribed or what were you told to do??! did it help?! any advice would be great!

took my child to dr today.....just want to see what we were told is right! THANKS!
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
veganistic
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Augghh! Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:54 PM

DD has never had it YAY.   Her cousin (adult age) fought it for awhile.  Why dont you trust your doctors information?   I would just get a second opinion from another doctor.

chaslee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I have personally never had to deal with that with my kids, but my grandkids were hospitalized for it, with IV antibiotics and drainage of the site.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Bactrin DS (sulfamethoxazole) and Bactroban ointment are the go to antibiotics for MRSA

Angelbabii407
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I was prescribed bactrim ds. I also had to have mine cut open and drained. It had to change the dresssing everyday and wash my hand with antibactrial soap. Make sure i touched it as little as possible. As well as wash everything really really well. It went away and i have yet to have it come back. That was a year and a half ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marilyn623
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM
I'm not sure what anti biotics it was, but be SURE to do the dosages on time. Im a dork and times it wrong and ended up having to get up at 4 am to give them to.ds. But I didnt want to be late. One time they lanced it and put a drainage strip of gauze in amd changed it twice I think. And keep it sealed under a bandaid. It should be better in a few.days :) and wash your hands after dealing w the sore!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deloit
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
mrsa is an antibiotic resistant staph infection.what may work for 1 person may not for another.be sure to wash things in hot water esp if its draining.ive been dealin with it for since i was about 13.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadybugM85
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM
bump
LadybugM85
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM
he only has one “boil“ its been covered and started draining last night. dr prescribed an antibiotic ive never heard of. no fevers etc. ive wased him and it with dial soap twice a.day and rebandage it....
Sunshinebee0502
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I had it twice while I was pregnant with DS 7 years ago. I had to have them lanced open and packed. Given extreme antibiotics and no pain meds bc I was pregnant. Couldn't remove the bandage for a week then I had to keep the spot very very very very clean and wasn't allowed to shave a hair on my body till after my DS was delivered. Ugh sometimes I forget how much I hated being pregnant...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)