Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Medicaid rewards...chew on this for a while...

So we had an area rep for one one of the states medicaid providers come in and talk to our doctor..here is what we find out..
Women who get their mammograms are getting 25$ gift cards to someplace.
Moms who keep up their kids appts get vouchers for free groceries..
And if they get physicals on time a fucking xbox!!!
Oh boy are our doctors steaming mad, not only do we help pay for the insurance, but now we are buying xboxes and giving gift cards..as if just getting free medical care isn't enough.
I had to get a job and save my $ to buy my ds an xbox.for his bday...and then I couldnt afford his medication (when I wasnt working) no one wanted to help us with a secondary insurance to help him....
Im.sorry....but I'm pissed, our patients have tattooes, lots of jewerly
and most dress well too....wtf is
going On?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
BlessedMommyNE
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM
So are the taxpayers paying for the gift cards and xbox's too or where does that money come from?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommykate4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM

ughh in wisconsin my freind got free vouchers for pampers just for taking her kids to well child check ups and her six week post partum check....she got 6 free packs of pampers...and never paid a cent to go the doctor

melisawoosley
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM
My dh lost his job to company setting hours back and while he is hard core searching for a job and I've already gotten one, my children receive Medicaid. Free xboxes and gift cards? Not here lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Its downright fucked up and unfair

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

It is what it is. I just try to be thankful that I have what I have. Its an imperfect system.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I googled and found nothing, can you give me a link?

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Delaware...look it up...there was a lot of mean words going around.

Quoting shivasgirl:

what state?I find it hard tobelieve th3e3 xbox thing, but I do know that the facility that does the mammograms in our area give gift cards to ALL women

bakerytreatz16
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM
My whole family has Medicaid. I've never heard of reward and Medicaid can be a pain in the ass. It took 5 months for my daughters to go through after she was born, they were suppose to compensate me for her bills which they haven't. I'm diabetic, but because of my Medicaid my insulin has to be filled here in tuen and my needles and test strips have to be filled in a town 40 mInutes away. We hav no car and use medical transport, I hav been to a doctor in 5 months for my diabetes. Rescheduled every month, medeise screwed up with the companies and then when I thought of finally get to go they said I was over my yearly limit . THEY COUNTED THE RIDES THE MESSED UP AGAINST MY TIDE LIMIT. I hate having to rely on Medicaid but I can't afford our medical any other way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Apparently delaware will give you the world.
They make it so no one wants to go to work.
Tomorrow im.gonna see if I can print out the rewards to share.
I think my doctors are going to stop accepting this insurance now in light of this.

Quoting melisawoosley:

My dh lost his job to company setting hours back and while he is hard core searching for a job and I've already gotten one, my children receive Medicaid. Free xboxes and gift cards? Not here lol!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:11 PM
That sure as hell don't happen here lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jsjammerz
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:11 PM
4 moms liked this

wow. My kids and I are on medicaid, and I really think that the rewards thing is crazy. I'm thankful for the help and anyone who has to be rewarded to recieve help in the first place is not right in the head.. wtf?

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:12 PM

WOW.

Just wow!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)