Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Medicaid rewards...chew on this for a while...

So we had an area rep for one one of the states medicaid providers come in and talk to our doctor..here is what we find out..
Women who get their mammograms are getting 25$ gift cards to someplace.
Moms who keep up their kids appts get vouchers for free groceries..
And if they get physicals on time a fucking xbox!!!
Oh boy are our doctors steaming mad, not only do we help pay for the insurance, but now we are buying xboxes and giving gift cards..as if just getting free medical care isn't enough.
I had to get a job and save my $ to buy my ds an xbox.for his bday...and then I couldnt afford his medication (when I wasnt working) no one wanted to help us with a secondary insurance to help him....
Im.sorry....but I'm pissed, our patients have tattooes, lots of jewerly
and most dress well too....wtf is
going On?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Replies (21-30):
mommykate4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BlessedMommyNE:

So are the taxpayers paying for the gift cards and xbox's too or where does that money come from?

I know in my state they sent my friend information and she could pick the company she wanted to go with...the free pampers thing i stated in my other post was listed and other benefits she would get for picking that company..so thats why she picked them...obviously its in the companies best interest for her to pick them so because the state pays them...it just doesn't seem fair that she gets a reward for taking her kids to the doctor for free.

Kate-
Famousglm714
by Gina on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM
I agree.

Quoting nzumbrun:

I don't like the rewards. I do see why they are doing it but I don't think its right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicndetsmom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm on medicaid and get everything done on time, yet I haven't gotten any rewards.

Honestly I can understand the motivation to get the kids in on time, but with those rewards? Not so much.

How about, get your kids examined regularly, or lose all assistance. That makes more sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sstripedmonkey
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree, but the sad part is so many just don't care, so the children would suffer

Quoting casah4:

When I was on Medicaid with DD, all I got was a threat that if I didn't stay on top of her appointments that they'd end my benefits.  The way it should be, IMO.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jj_bmom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I say give em a fucking sticker and a pat on the back...being rewarded for making sure you and your kids are healthy is juvenile.I get free medical for the time being and would certainly NOT accept any "reward " like that...however a sticker would be appreciated lol
BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was pregnant with my youngest, if I went to every pre-natal appointment I got a free convertable car seat.I had medacaid. I don't believe the crap about the x-box.

Honestly, even people with Medacaid don't like to go to the doctor for preventative care. They like to go when they need it, when they are sick. People that actually pay for their insurance, well, we're more apt to go to the doctor for preventitive care. Medacaid actually saves money if they toss their patients some incentives to go to the doctor to prevent illness, rather than wait until they're half dead to go to the doctor. Preventitive care costs a lot less.

momo3fgr8tteens
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:16 PM

It is unfair but I guess the flip side is I would rather pay for preventive care and the "benefits" than a bunch of sick and messed up kids because they don't get proper medical care. 

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Its downright fucked up and unfair

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

It is what it is. I just try to be thankful that I have what I have. Its an imperfect system.

casah4
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That's true. It's a shame they have to bribe some people to keep their children healthy.

Quoting sstripedmonkey:

I agree, but the sad part is so many just don't care, so the children would suffer

Quoting casah4:

When I was on Medicaid with DD, all I got was a threat that if I didn't stay on top of her appointments that they'd end my benefits.  The way it should be, IMO.

PixieKiss403
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
WTF!!!! That pisses me off so bad!!!! I have seen major abuse of the Medicaid system it is unreal!!!! I had patients come in with a sick baby with a fever so they could get a prescription for Tylenol because then its "free"!!! While the parents laughed and talked on their iPhones with their Coach purses and packs of cigarettes!!! So now we (meaning the taxpayers) are paying for an ER visit (which could run hundreds and possibly thousands) for a prescription for a $5.00 bottle of Tylenol!!!! Which costs less than a pack of their cigarettes!!!!! And NOW let's reward these parents for doing what the SHOULD be doing anyway!!!

OMG!!! I have to stop because I am getting REALLY mad now!!!

I paid to go to the doctor and got a prescription for meds for pink eye. With my insurance it cost $60!!! I said no thanks! I couldn't justify taking food out of my kids mouths for a prescription for me! And I work full time in the medical field.

My kids don't even have an Xbox!

UGH!!!!

And we are in the same state mama!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:17 PM

i cannot even find a doctor here to take me but i am on medicare 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)